AWS SAM Framework and AWS Lambda - A Complete Hands-on Guide
What you'll learn
- Develop and deploy AWS Lambda functions properly with the AWS SAM Framework
- Learn the fundamentals and advanced concepts of AWS Lambda
- Deploy three real world projects that interact with S3, SES, Step Function, SNS, EventBridge, API Gateway, DynamoDB, EC2 & CloudWatch using the SAM Framework
- Learn YAML and configure and manage your entire deployment using code
- Good to have basic knowledge on Python or NodeJS for scripting
- Basic understanding of the AWS Cloud is preferred to take this course
- Recent Mac / Linux / Windows machine
- Knowledge of the command line is preferred
- Drive to learn new technologies!
AWS SAM Framework (Serverless Application Model) and AWS Lambda is the best way to build scalable, reliable serverless applications and deploy AWS Lambda functions in Amazon Web Services. The great thing about serverless is that you don't need to manage any servers!
In this course, you will dive right in and learn how to deploy AWS Lambda functions and declare and configure those functions using the AWS SAM Framework (Serverless Application Model).
In a nutshell, you will:
No longer need to create serverless infrastructures using the AWS Management Console manually
Now have all your configurations and deployments in one single YAML file
No longer need to package your functions into a zip file and manually upload them to the AWS cloud
With the AWS SAM CLI and SAM Framework, you do all that using the Command Line Interface quicker!
This is the best time to get well-versed in AWS SAM Framework and AWS Lambda Functions to configure, develop and deploy serverless applications quickly.
AWS Lambda functions abstract out all the burden of dealing with servers - you write a function and let AWS take it from there! In addition, you save in cost since you only pay per usage - if your Lambda functions are not running, you don't get billed.
With AWS Lambda functions, you can scale out or in quickly without having to reconfigure servers!
For this course, we'll deploy several real-world functions to AWS Lambda:
An automated thumbnail generation service on S3 (Python)
A REST API using AWS API Gateway & Lambda (nodeJS)
A REST API using AWS API Gateway & Lambda (Python 3)
An Email Service Using Lambda, SES, API Gateway, and NextJS for the front-end (NodeJS)
An Email Subscriber Service using SNS, API Gateway, S3, EventBridge (Schedule), DynamoDB, Lambda, SendGrid API (NodeJS)
A Face Recognition Service that recognizes faces and their features
Amazon Comprehend service paired with EventBridge that emails users on schedule with selected news headlines
After finishing the course, you can write any function you want.
In this course, you will be learning, by doing, everything you need to know to be proficient at using AWS Lambda and integrating with many different AWS services through the AWS SAM Framework!
Try this course, and you have 30 days to be refunded if you don't like it. You have nothing to lose!
This course also comes with:
Lifetime access to all future updates
A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
A 30-Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
Join me in this course if you want to learn about AWS Lambda and the AWS SAM Framework and master the AWS platform!
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn about AWS Lambda and the Serverless Architecture
- DevOps who want to learn how to properly deploy and automated the deployment of Lambda functions
- Solutions Architect who want to understand how Serverless Apps are Architected, Built and Deployed
- Anyone who is willing to put the work to learn new tools and technologies is welcome
Hi, I'm Paulo.
I am passionate about teaching people Android, Java, and Flutter development. I have taught over 200,000 students in 175 countries worldwide.
I have extensive experience in Mobile App Development (Android and iOS) Web Development, and AWS Cloud.
My goal is to make you a great developer and AWS cloud Practitioner no matter your experience. In addition, I enjoy spending time with my growing family, playing the guitar mandolin, and traveling in my spare time.
I look forward to helping you become the best developer & AWS Cloud Practitioner you can be.
If you are new to Android development and my courses, I suggest you start with my most comprehensive Android course:
1. The Comprehensive 2020 Android Development Masterclass - You'll learn everything you need to know to get started with Android Development - no experience required!
2. The Complete Intermediate Android Masterclass - You'll learn intermediate Android topics such as Work manager API, ROOM Database, and working in the background in Android.
Cross-platform Development courses & Web-related (Build iOS and Android Mobile Apps):
3. Flutter & Dart - The Complete Flutter App Development Course - Learn the Dart Programming language and build iOS and Android Apps with a single codebase.
4. AngularDart - Build Dynamic Web Apps with Angular & Dart - Unleash the power of one of the most used web development frameworks, Angular and Dart, to build dynamic web apps.
5. TornadoFX - Build JavaFX Applications With Kotlin - Leverage the modern programming language, Kotlin, and JavaFX libraries to build stunning desktop apps
For AWS Cloud Courses:
1. Amazon EC2 Master Class (with Auto Scaling & Load Balancer)
2. Amazon ECS & Fargate Masterclass
3. Amazon EKS with Kubernetes
4. AWS AppSync & Amplify
5. AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework
Purely Java-based courses:
6. Java Masterclass - Beginner to Expert Guide - Want to learn Java from the ground up? Then this is the course you'll need.
7. Java Design Patterns - The Complete Masterclass - Learn how to build reliable software using well-tested, proven Design Patterns.
I look forward to seeing you in my courses.