Create an energetic House Track with Logic Pro
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Produce a complete house music track using Logic Pro
- Logic Pro 9
- USB MIDI Keyboard
- Audio interface or your computer soundcard
This Logic Pro tutorial course takes a hands-on approach to how to use Logic Pro in house music production, so you’ll be working through the project files and videos. It’s divided into 3 chapters that methodically introduce the steps I use to create dance floor ready house track. Each video is designed to support the concepts learned in the preceding lesson, and newcomers to audio production should go through start to finish.
This Logic Pro tutorial is perfect for Logic Pro beginners, but even if you have been making music for some time, you will benefit from learning professional techniques from an experienced producer.
The course is designed to guide you through how to use Logic Pro to create a house music track from scratch in 16 videos. Each video you will be introduced to a new concept and workflow in Logic.
Before using Logic 9, you should have a working knowledge of your Macintosh and the Mac OS X operating system. Make sure that you know how to use the mouse and standard menus and commands, and also how to open, save, and close files.
This Logic Pro tutorial require that you install Logic Studio 9 along with the default content pre-selected in the installer. You can buy and download Logic Pro for $199 from the App store.
1 USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) to play software instruments.
2 Low-latency multi-I/O audio interface highly recommended for audio recording
- Electronic Dance Music Enthusiasts
- Beginner producers
- Logic Pro users
In this lecture I discuss the fundamentals of all dance music, the drums. I'll show you how to:
- Build a drum kit in the Ultrabeat
- Program an groovy pattern
- Export the pattern for more editing
- Getting a rough mix for the drums
After working with the drums, it's best to start working on musical elements and the melodies in to our arrangement. I'll explain:
- How to create a simple melody from a sample
- Using Logic's sample EXS24 to pitch and manipulate the sample
- Programming a simple melody in the Piano Roll
- Using the delay, reverb and exciter to add character to the melody
Adding vocals gives your tracks feeling and purpose. Even if they are small vocal bits. In this video I'll show you how to use a boring vocal sample and transform it to an exciting riff.
- Adding vocal samples to EXS24
- Recording a simple vocal riff
- Group the vocal samples in to a sub mix and add processing
Where would house music be with out those lush analog strings? Strings gives a chorus section life and emphasis. I'll demonstrate how to:
- Select a strings preset from EXS24 library
- Recording automation to create movement in the strings
- Arranging the piano melody to create a chorus section
In this video, I'll demonstrate a trick that's always used in house music. A filter sweep which thins out the track towards the drop.
- Adding the master output to the arrange window
- Adding and automating the filter
- Automating the melody hits and effects for more drama