Statistics & Linear Algebra for Machine Learning
What you'll learn
- You will understand the fundamentals of mathematics and statistics relevant for machine learning
- You will gain insights on the application of math and stats on machine learning
- You will know what problems Machine Learning can solve, and how the Machine Learning Process works
- You will learn Measures of Central Tendency vs Dispersion
- You will understand Mean vs Standard Deviation & Percentiles
- You will have clarity on the Types of Data & Dependent vs independent variables
- You will be knowledgeable on Probability & Sample Vs population
- You will gain clarity on Hypothesis testing
- You will learn the Types of distribution & Outliers
- You will understand the maths behind algorithms like regression, decision tree and kNN
- You will gain insights on optimization and gradient descent
- No prior experience is required. We will start from the very basics.
Testimonials about the course
"Great course. It cleared all my doubts. I learned statistics previously from HK Dass sir's book, but I couldn't understand there relationship in data science and machine learning. Loved this course!" Rubayet A.
"Simply amazing course where every basics are described clearly and precisely. Go for this course." Dipesh S
"Es claro, preciso en los datos. Las ilustraciones son muy pedagógicas, sobre todo las analogías." . Héctor Marañón R.
"Good for beginners like me to learn the concepts of Machine Learning and the math behind of it. Great to review this course again. Thanks." Clark D
"Excelentes conceptos, enfocados hacia las investigaciín de base científica" Oscar M
Background and Introduction
The trainer of this course is an AI expert and he has observed that many students and young professionals make the mistake of learning machine learning without understanding the core concepts in maths and statistics. This course will help to address that gap in a big way.
Since Machine Learning is a field at the intersection of multiple disciplines like statistics, probability, computer science, and mathematics, its essential for practitioners and budding enthusiasts to assimilate these core concepts.
These concepts will help you to lay a strong foundation to build a thriving career in artificial intelligence.
This course teaches you the concepts mathematics and statistics but from an application perspective. It’s one thing to know about the concepts but it is another matter to understand the application of those concepts. Without this understanding, deploying and utilizing machine learning will always remain challenging.
You will learn concepts like measures of central tendency vs dispersion, hypothesis testing, population vs sample, outliers and many interesting concepts. You will also gain insights into gradient decent and mathematics behind many algorithms.
We cover the below concepts in this course:
Measures of Central Tendency vs Dispersion
Mean vs Standard Deviation
Types of Data
Dependent vs independent variables
Sample Vs population
Concept of stability
Types of distribution
Maths behind machine learning algorithms like regression, decision tree and kNN
Eigen vector, eigen value
Cosine similarity ...
Who this course is for:
- Data Scientists, Python Programmers, ML Practitioners, IT Managers managing data science projects
Profile of Trainer Govind Kumar
Over 2 decades of experience managing Technology, Operations and Quality in top MNCs & startups. Held leadership roles (including Founder & CEO of an AI & Automation Startup) and managed businesses across Asia Pacific & Japan region.
Expertise AI, Six Sigma and Innovation
Successfully incubated Centers of Excellence for fraud prevention and service analytics.
Significant experience in design thinking based product development and management. Played a critical role in developing products for emerging markets.
Education & Certification
B. Tech and Full time MBA from top institutes in India
Certifications in six sigma and project management.
Won global awards in the areas of Customer Experience, Leadership Excellence, Quality and Technology.
Featured in the cover of CIO Review Magazine.
Board of Studies Member of the Board of Studies at Loyola College, Chennai, India (a 96 year old institution)