Ultimately Simplified Approach for Animal Cloning
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the basic mechanism of animal cloning and learn how simple ways exist to realize this seemingly mysterious procedure.
- Understand achievements, potentials, limits and perspectives of somatic cell nuclear transfer
- Very basic knowledge about (high school student level) is required about the structure and function of reproductive organs and cells, and the process of fertilization at cellular level
This course is dealing with mammalian cloning in general, and with a special method developed by the author and his colleagues that makes the method simple, inexpensive, efficient, reliable, and applicable under compromised conditions, even - possibly - in your garage..
This is a special subject among UDEMY courses, hard to insert in any existing category, nevertheless, I think more and more similar courses will be produced and needed. Keywords for the subject include science, biotechnology, embryology, cloning, animals, agriculture, medicine, innovation.
The course consists of 8 sections and 13 lectures. The language is simple and easy to understand for laymen (once they understand my bad pronunciation due to my deafness...). First lectures prepare the audience to the main subject by stepwise introduction re. the author, the course itself, embryology, theory and traditional practice of cloning. The main subject, handmade cloning will be discussed in two long chapters with ample video illustration. Understanding of events on the video are facilitated by the previous explanation - and may also mean a kind of exam for the students. In the final lectures, the controversial situation of cloning is described. Hopefully students will understand the situation and support our efforts, or at least won't regard cloners as evil creatures any more.
Anybody who is interested in this subject (with controversial reputation, I admit) is encouraged to enroll. This is not a demanding scientific education, just an invitation to an excursion to see our world as it is. Sometimes funny, sometimes frustrating, but at least - authentic.
- This course has been written both for laymen and professionals, to obtain or improve knowledge about animal cloning. Simple terms, phases and illustrations will alleviate understanding, and new approaches may help to improve existing techniques. On the other hand, the provided information cannot be used with bad intentions and against the laws of a given place/country.
Who am I? Am I really qualified to talk about cloning? What were my achievements and what are my limitations?
Subjective remarks about mammalian embryology: the system we work with; the available technology; and the suggested approach