Learn acupressure to encourage an optimum natural birth
What you'll learn
- apply simple but effective acupressure techniques to help manage pain during labour
- encourage a baby to turn into the correct position
- encourage contractions to re-start or become stronger
- help calm the birthing woman
- help reduce nausea during labour
- reduce afterpains and encourage initial milk flow
- help with post-natal recovery
- There are no prerequisites - you don't need to have any massage skills!
- Learn simple techniques developed by leading expert Debra Betts, who has taught them to hundreds of pregnant women, birth partners, midwives and practitioners around the world. They've been amazed by the results!
- Sign up now and feel confident as you approach your due-date that you and your partner have the tools to promote a better birth experience
- No prior experience or special skills needed!
- More than 50 students in the first few days on Udemy!
- Early 5-star reviews from happy students!
Debra Betts has taught acupressure to promote a better birth experience to midwives, practitioners and pregnant women for many years. Now - at last - this professionally produced course offers a detailed explanation, fully demonstrated, of the techniques involved. Ideal for practitioners of acupuncture, acupressure, shiatsu and massage, doulas, birth helpers and pregnant women, the course includes testimonials from women and their partners who have used the techniques during labour, and a downloadable 'cheat sheet' with illustrated reminders of the most important pressure points and their application.
“I was absolutely amazed by how much it helped me.”
“As soon as my partner’s contractions began, it
was obvious that this was really effective. It
was also the ideal way for me to feel fully
involved with the delivery.’
“All three of my children were born naturally.
However, we used acupressure the last time
And the difference was amazing!’
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed mainly for pregnant women and their birth partners, as well as professionals who work with women during labour such as acupuncturists, doulas and midwives
Tom Kennedy is an experienced acupuncturist and integrated health practitioner with a passion for helping people improve their health and wellbeing. This passion has driven him to team up with the world-famous Journal of Chinese Medicine to produce high-quality educational materials for students and the public, with two main aims:
- to extend knowledge and skill in the field of acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- to empower as many people as possible to take control of their own health and achieve their true potential
Over the years, Tom has had the privilage of working alongside several leading experts such as Debra Betts, Julian Scott, and Peter Deadman, and he takes every opportunity to learn from these experiences. He has himself been invited as a guest speaker to professional conferences, and has been published in top journals. He continues to constantly develop his knowledge of human health and disease, and has many exciting plans for future projects.