Academic Program Development and Accreditation
- Some experience with developing educational programs
- Have a general idea of goals and potential courses that would make up your academic program
This is a project-based course where the finished project will be develop an academic program. Key elements of the course include:
An extensive template for conducting Needs Analysis, Research, Curriculum Mapping Research and Assessment for your program.
Evaluation Rubrics you will use to self-evaluate your program and its courses
How to Design Courses in Udemy for Academic Credit
Proven Unbundling/Rebundilng Models to Get Credit for Unaccredited Courses
By the end of the course, students will have developed materials needed to have their educational program reviewed for credit.
Andrew Sears is the President of City Vision University where we are bringing radically affordable education through a $2,000 associate's degree and a $5,000 bachelor's degree. I previously co-founded MIT's Internet Telephony Consortium with one of the fathers of the internet (David Clark) focused on disruption in the telecommunications industry. Before spending the past 20 years living with and serving the poor with disruptive educational technologies, Andrew worked as a consultant to Sprint, venture capitalist and internet startups.
Note, because work at Christian higher education institution, I have included some assignments on how to design program to integrate faith. Students that are not interested in these topics are welcome to skip them or just view them as an example of how to design for holistic values integration and apply with your own institutional values.
This course was developed largely as a volunteer-driven project of the Christian Higher Education Innovation Alliance to build the global capacity of higher education to serve the poor and the majority world. We would also love for you to make contributions to improve the course, so if you have any suggested resources, links or other improvements, please let us know. We hope that this can become one of the best free courses available on Instructional Design, but we can only do that with help and feedback of people like you.
- Udemy course designers that would like to create courses for credit
- Educators that would like to get their programs accredited
- Department chairs or other designers of accredited degree or certificate programs
- Educational program directors at non-accredited institutions wanting their programs to be able to be accepted as transfer credit to accredited institutions
- A particular focus will be on Christian educators and/or those serving the poor or in developing countries
- Educators interested in developing online or technology
- Those who value pragmatism and cost-effectiveness in education
- Resources for this Course00:12
- How to Design Courses in Udemy for Academic Credit08:14
- Proven Unbundling/Rebundilng Models to Get Credit for Unaccredited Courses08:34
- Introduction to Academic Program Development and Assessment04:44
- Academic Program Design Models10:54
- Academic Program Needs Analysis and Research14:07
- Academic Program Needs Analysis and Research Materials00:19
- Aligning Programs with General Education, Institutional Outcomes and Standards14:31
- Materials for General Education, Institutional Outcomes and Standards00:13
- Program Needs Analysis and Research1 question
- Writing Effective Program Outcomes11:15
- Materials: Writing Effective Program Outcomes00:33
- Faith Integration in Academic Program Development Part 115:12
- Academic Faith Integration Part 207:33
- Faith Integration Materials01:05
- Developing Program Outcomes1 question
- Curriculum Mapping09:34
- Materials: Developing Curriculum Maps00:15
- Developing Program Assessment Plans05:09
- Materials: Developing Program Assessment Plans00:47
- Program Outcomes, Curriculum Mapping and Assessment Plans1 question
- Using Course Evaluation and Program Evaluation Rubrics07:07
- Required Materials: Course and Program Evaluation Rubrics00:23
- Customize Course Review Rubric for Your Program1 question
- OLC's Quality Scorecard Suite Program Rubrics1 question
- Support Materials for this Section00:08
- Capstone Option 1. Complete DEAC's Educational Offerings Report3 questions
- Capstone Option 2. Prepare Unaccredited Program Documentation for Review1 question
I am the President of City Vision University where our goal is to provide radically affordable online education to those serving the poor, the addicted, and the underserved. I also am a co-founder of the Christian Higher Education Innovation Alliance, which is a collaboration of leaders to support the global growth of post-secondary education serving the majority world and the poor
I previously co-founded MIT's Internet Telephony Consortium with one of the fathers of the internet (David Clark) focused on disruption in the telecommunications industry. Before spending the past 20 years living with and serving the poor with disruptive educational technologies, I worked as a consultant to Sprint, venture capitalist and internet startups.