Agile Foundations - getting to Done
What you'll learn
- Identify four classes of stakeholders
- Communicate Requirements
- Plan projects and iterations using the right mix of kanban, Scrum, and enterprise agile to meet the needs of your team
- Track progress with charts to trigger the team to take action if things fall behind
- Use bi-weekly lessons learned to continually improve your process
- Internet connection for browsing course material
Got projects? This course gives you the practical techniques you can use to get your work done - for software, or beyond.Outline
- Stakeholders: Including Customers and Users
- User Stories: Product Adaptation
- Prioritization, Estimation: Planning and Adapting
- Planning: Incremental Development
- Work-in-progress (WIP) + Quality
- Teamwork: Creating Shared Understanding
- Teamwork: Shift in Roles. +Distributed Teams I
- Feedback: Lean, scaling frameworks: Process & Project Adaptation
- Leadership: Culture & Mindset & History
After this course you will be able to
- Understand the values behind several Agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban
- Relate to your stakeholders (personae, story maps, some Innovation Games®)
- Document requirements (User Stories)
- Prioritize, Estimate, Plan, and Track your plans
Continuing Education Credits? (PDUs)
This course also aligns with the PMI-ACP® program so gives you some of the hours you need to qualify for their exam, as well as class C PDUs to maintain your existing PMI certification. This course by itself does not get you certified, but it makes you smarter in your quest to do so, or to simply enhance your skill at work.
To claim them go to PMI's CCRS PDU claim website, log in, report PDUs, select class C (Self directed learning), and enter Agile Dimensions or Udemy in the provider field. There are some limits on how many hours of each type you can use to renew your certification (for example, 15 of the 30, for example).
See ya on the forum!
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts
- Software Testers
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Anyone with projects to coordinate
“AgileBill” Krebs has over 20 years of programming, performance, project management, and training in the IT industry at 5 IBM labs, Davisbase, and Allscripts. He has used agile since 2001, and taught it to over 2,000 people worldwide. He has presented at agile conferences, IBM Research, and conferences on education.
Bill's certifications and groups include the "grand slam" of four advanced certifications in Agile - SPC, PMI-ACP, CSP, and ICE-AC. I also holds 7 other certifications in related areas and is pursuing a Master's degree in Education Technology. He hosts the Distributed Agile Study Group and is a member of ALN, the Scrum and Agile Alliances, ACM, PMI, and more. Besides speaking at conferences, Bill serves as an enterprise Agile Coach in the healthcare industry.