The Step-By-Step Guide To Your 401k Plan
What you'll learn
- Have confidence about enrolling in your 401k
- Receive all the "free money" provided by your employer
- Avoid common mistakes made by employees
- Have confidence your 401k is set up to suit your needs
- Come up with a simple plan to reach your retirement goal
- Decide between Roth or Traditional 401k contributions
- Choose appropriate investments in your 401k
- Know how much your employer contributes to your 401k
- Have access to your online 401k account (optional)
This course will help you come up with a simple plan to reach retirement using your 401k plan.
- Should you enroll?
- How much should you save?
- Which investments should you choose?
- Pre-tax or Roth?
- How do you get all the free money offered to you by your employer?
Getting these answers wrong could cost you 100,000's of dollars!
Enrolling in this course could be one of the best financial decisions you'll ever make.
We will walk you through the whole process of enrolling and maximizing your 401k using easy to understand white-board animation videos.
You will learn why you should care about your 401k, how much to save, which investments to choose, and how to get all the free money your employer is offering you.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
Before working at Glass Jacobson Financial Group, I assisted over 10,000 Millionaires with their investments while working in the High-Net Worth Department at one of the worlds largest financial services companies. Through those conversations with investors I refined my ability to simplify complicated investment topics into easy to understand steps.
Prior to that, I co-built a series of technology focused education sites that have generated over 5 Million users and 25 million page views.
Combining my background in web based education with my passion for investment education, I developed (along side a team at Glass Jacobson), a video based 401k education tool called 401kbuddy.
At Glass Jacobson Financial Group we use 401kbuddy with individual companies, but we also wanted to reach the students on Udemy by building a course to help them with their 401k plans (regardless of where they work).
Typical 401k Education
- Boring powerpoint presentation
- Complicated language and graphs
- 100 page booklet that makes you want to cry
- Information that leaves you with more questions than answers
This Step-By-Step Course
- Uses short whiteboard animation videos
- Simplifies the entire 401k process
- Is taught using simple terms (without the crazy graphs)
- Answers the most important questions
- Walks you step by step through enrolling
- Helps you make sure you are on track to retire
- Gives you a calculator to make sure you're not missing out on any free money
- Addresses misconceptions about investing
- Gives you the foundations you need for successful investing
- We'll even help you find suitable investments!
PLUS!!! Bonus material to help you even further
- Free access to a custom built 401kbuddy for Udemy site that walks you through choosing investments in your 401k
- Unlimited use of our matching calculator to see how much free money you're missing out on from your employer (and how to get that free money)
- Access to our Investor Questionnaire to help you see what type of investor you are, and some guidance on how to choose investments
AND REMEMBER… we offer a full money back guarantee, just as long as you request it within 30 days of purchasing the course.
Go ahead, click the "Take This Course" button. Why not? You’ve got nothing to lose (and potentially $100,000's of dollars to gain).
Who this course is for:
- If your employer provides 401k plans to their employees (required*)
- If you are in your 20's or 30's
- If you are in your 40's or 50's without a clear plan towards retirement
- If you're not sure how you chose the investments in your 401k
- If you get really nervous everytime the stock market takes a hit
- If you're looking to increase your financial literacy
- This course is not for the investing guru who is already on track to have over a million dollars in their 401k
-Creator and Co-Founder of 401kbuddy™
-10,000's of conversations with millionaires which helped refine my ability to simplify complicated investment concepts
-Co-built technology education sites that have attracted +5 Million users and +23 Million page views
-Millennial who knows how to engage and educate other Millennials
My name is Austin Abell and I am the Creator and Co-founder of 401kbuddy, a web-based 401k education program that uses white-board animation videos to walk employees through the process of enrolling in their 401k.
A little background . . . I worked at one of the largest financial services companies in the world in their high-net worth department, and assisted the investors who had more than $1 Million in assets. I had over 10,000 conversations with investors and was able to refine my ability to take complicated financial topics and communicate them in a way that others could understand. It was extremely rewarding to see many investors' eyes open for the first time to a new and better way of investing and thinking about their wealth.
Prior to this, in 2011, my brother Luke and I Co-founded a web development company. We also developed our own education sites that taught users how to accomplish tasks associated with technology. Our education sites have attracted over 5 million users and 23 million page views. We learned from the success of these sites how websites and content need to be structured to engage a user and help them master a complicated topic.
As a millennial, I am uniquely positioned to increase financial literacy in our generation. Millennials have a bad rap when it comes to financial literacy, but I would argue that we are extremely passionate about learning. There has been a lack of engaging and simplified investment education which has lead to poor financial literacy.
My aim is to create content that brings the "investing lightbulb" moment for my students. There are many misconceptions when it comes to investing. I hope to dispel those misconceptions and walk my students through the foundations of investing at their own pace. What better place to start than with your 401k plan? Join me today!
Austin Abell, Creator and Co-Founder of 401kbuddy, Wealth Advisor at Glass Jacobson Financial Group
Manage the now, empower the future.
Glass Jacobson has played a proactive role in creating financial success for businesses and individuals since 1962. Unlike other full service accounting firms, Glass Jacobson offers a sophisticated investment approach to help their clients optimize the wealth generated with the assistance of our tax and accounting services.
Glass Jacobson works with almost 50 401k plans with assets in excess of $138,000,000. They are an industry leader in participant education with their 401k education tool 401kbuddy™. Glass Jacobson is passionate about using creative solutions to engage participants and facilitate change in employee's savings behavior.
Jon joined Glass Jacobson in 2002. Considered by his partners as one of the founders of Glass Jacobson Investment Advisors, he became its Managing Director in 2005 and as CEO, he oversees the financial services group. With more than 40 years of experience in financial management, Jon has experience advising institutional investors, plan sponsors, high net worth individuals and other profit and not-for-profit enterprises.
As Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), he has led the firm to adopt the Fiduciary Standard to serve its clients “Best Interests.” In 2018 the firm became CEFEX certified. CEFEX certified firms have demonstrated their adherence to the fiduciary standard by adopting industry best practices for advising their clients.
He has extensive wealth management experience advising senior executives and high net worth individuals and their families. Jon’s expertise includes advising plan trustees and sponsors on compliance and fiduciary conduct for institutional investment portfolios, general asset allocation, and asset management.
Jon received his undergraduate degree in accounting from Marshall University. He is a certified public accountant (CPA) and an investment advisor representative. Jon earned the personal financial specialist (PFS) designation from the American Institute of CPAs, the certified investment management analyst (CIMA®) designation from the Investments & Wealth Institute, and the accredited investment fiduciary (AIF®) designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies.
Jon was selected as an expert in his field to contribute to the book Tips from the Top; Targeted Advice from America’s Top Money Minds. Jon is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and its personal financial planning practice section.
As an Eagle Scout, Jon believes in building a stronger community to improve the lives of Baltimore’s citizens. was awarded the prestigious “Eagle to Eagle Award.” The award is given to an adult Eagle Scout for demonstrating leadership and being a role model. Additionally, Jon has worked on nine Habitat for Humanity homes in Baltimore and assisted with home renovations in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina.