Working from home can be a great option for almost anyone. The key to being successful is understanding the challenges, having a plan to overcome them, and understanding how to set up and maintain a workspace that is right for you. In under an hour, this course will introduce you to proven tools and techniques that will help you work from home successfully. The course covers topics including how to set up a workspace, identifying and minimizing distractions, time management techniques, avoiding isolation, and a case study that shows how one woman was able to transform 18 wasted hours per week into productive and profitable work time.
This lecture will teach you
- how to create an efficient and effective workspace in your home, and
- how to minimize distractions.
I have to break some bad news to you in this lecture. . . working from home doesn’t mean staying in your pajamas all day! This lecture will teach you
- why it is important that you get dressed every day, and
- how to create routines and rituals that will maximize your productivity.
Time management is an essential skill for every single person who works from home. Time management doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult. This lecture will teach you
- the benefits of common time management techniques, and
- how to make time management techniques work for you.
Working from home doesn’t have to be all or nothing! Just like in a traditional work environment, people who are at home need to set boundaries, take breaks, and continue to network. This lecture will teach you
- how to incorporate breaks into your day that will maximize productivity,
- how to set boundaries between your work life and your home life, and
- how to stay connected and network when you work from home.
Distractions can spell disaster for anyone who works from home. This lecture will teach you
- how to identify and eliminate distractions that can affect productivity.
This lecture also includes a case study that shows how one woman found 18 extra productive hours in her work week.
Strategic and effective small business writer committed to providing customized and affordable solutions to small businesses that will help to convey their brand message.
Experience includes co-authoring a book titled HR Manager's Guide to Workplace Wellness Programs, assistance with policy and procedure documentation, blog writing, as well as the creation and execution of social media strategies and email campaigns designed to specifically engage customers and encourage repeat business.