Learn the concepts and functions that will provide you with solid skills about Networking in IBM Mainframe environment.
Build a strong foundation in VTAM with this tutorial for beginners.
VTAM is the software component of IBM Communications Server that permits mainframe applications to get access to the network. After many years VTAM keeps on playing a key role in a z/OS infrastructure. SNA and TCP/IP architectures are used simultaneously in z/OS, and VTAM helps both to be implemented.
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips
Learning the fundamentals of VTAM gives you a solid understanding about how a IBM mainframe network functions, and the basic skills to go forward in the networking area.
What am I going to get from this course?
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to display, configure and operate network resources implemented by VTAM.
System engineer focused on z/OS, with experience in the following subjects:.
- VTAM and TCP/IP for z/OS configuration and operation.
- IBM z/OS administration, JCL, JES2, HMC.
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS configuration.
- IBM system z, Parallel Sysplex and zEnterprise architecture.
- Network security managed by RACF, intrusion detection, certificates management, SSL, TLS, AT-TLS, IPSEC.