Using Entrepreneurship to Prepare for Retirement
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the need to prepare for retirement and know business options that will help them get there
Understand what it will cost them annually (in overview) to be retired
Understand in overview how much they will receive from the government annually for standard pension amounts during their retirement years
- Review a list of "online money making ideas" that they can use to earn additional revenues from their home business
- Better decide whether to operate as a sole proprietorship or as a corporation with additional knowledge gained on when it does make sense to incorporate
- There are no additional course preparation requirements needed beyond just taking this course
Using Entrepreneurship to Prepare for Retirement – Course Summary
This course has been prepared with a view to raising the awareness of the costs required to live comfortably during a person’s retirement years and suggests that some of the required funding needed to enable a comfortable retirement could come from some form of entrepreneurial effort made by the individual. The course goes further to outline opportunities that could be available to the student with respect to starting an at-home business, showing methods by which extra income can be made.
This course targets anyone of working age (SENIORS TOO!) who does not already have an activated strategy in place to provide for his or her own comfort in retirement. Actually, taking this course may be the catalyst for many to not only prepare for retirement financially, but it could be the kick start to a great new life direction offering a lifestyle only dreamed of by the student prior to course commencement.
The course content includes:
- Lectures on entrepreneurship and the way entrepreneurs think, different from the way employees think…
- Information relating to the costs of being retired in both Canada and the USA
- A vision for what your retirement could look like if you were financially secure
- Options for and discussions of different kinds of businesses that could be undertaken from within one’s own home
- A lecture on the pros and cons of operating as both a sole proprietorship and as an incorporated business and the timing for when a person should consider incorporating
- Lectures on opportunities to initiate independent consulting activities
- A check list of solid online money making ideas that could generate significant online incomes.
This course should take the student approximately two hours to complete and could well be two of the most fruitful hours ever spent by the student.
- Anyone concerned about their financial requirements during retirement should consider taking this course
- Anyone interested in operating an at-home business to earn additional income should take this course
- Anyone wishing to understand the true cost of retirement and what awaits a person financially on reaching retirement should consider taking this course
- Anyone starting a home business who is trying to figure out whether or not to incorporate or operate as a sole proprietorship
This lecture introduces this course and discusses my motivation for constructing and publishing it.
When you are young, your retirement years are far away in the future and you are barely cognizant that they will reach you some day. Yet when you start nearing your retirement years, it looks like retirement is coming at you fast - like a freight train. Are you prepared for it financially? If not, what are you doing to prepare for it? I offer the suggestion that you may want to consider undertaking some form of entrepreneurial endeavor so as to better financially secure your retirement years. This lecture could be the start of a great journey for you. So take the plunge and join me on the journey. I want to help you get there and have the money to enjoy it - and I know things that would be very useful to you. Best wishes, - Dan
This lecture should be an eye-opener for many. It asks the question: Can you afford to retire when you want to? By way of answering this question, the lecture presents a series of very real retirement cost statistics for both Canad and the USA. Go through this presentation and do your own math. Then, make your own determination as to whether or not you will be safe financially when your retirement years begin.
This CBC news clip discusses the state of the Canada Pension Plan and retirement benefits. Interviews with individuals on the street towards the end of the video help to paint the true picture of how little the Canada Pension Plan will provide for your retirement.
This lecture discusses the philosophical differences between how schools and parents teach you to become employees later in life and how this type of thinking is diametrically opposed to the type of mindset required to be a successful entrepreneur. Also of importance in this lecture, is the discussion of the major income advantage that an entrepreneur has over an employee.
This lecture discusses what your retirement could look like if you set aside enough funds to be comfortable when the time comes. It also discusses the difficulties many face during their retirement years because they did not have either the foresight to or the drive to prepare financially for retirement beforehand. In fact, those that did not prepare ahead for their retirement years do not actually retire at all - they just change jobs in later years because they have to keep working to survive.
Do you have doubts about starting a new business? This video lecture discusses some of the common reasons people fear to jump into self-employment and then provides some guidance and tips that will help to minimize the risks of a startup and make your chances of eventual business survival and success higher.
This lecture discusses what a consultant needs to be able to do to be successful. It discusses their responsibilities in relation to clients, to securing projects, the "toolkits" a consultant should have at hand in order to be successful, and how and why to take extra care to ensure one gets paid for the work completed.
A common way to earn additional revenues used by most successful online business people is the incorporation of affiliate marketing links and banners on their websites and blog sites. Watch this video to learn more about how this is done and why it can be a good online revenue source for your at-home business.
Some of the most successful content creators on YouTube are Vloggers yet the world is not even familiar with this term as yet. View this video and become more familiar with the world of vlogging and the potential for significant incomes that can be made through creating content in this medium.
This lecture provides the viewer with a location where they can go to get notified of any coupon deals I currently have available. Just go to my Facebook business page at https://www.facebook.com/howtoguru.org/ and click on the "Get Course Coupons" button to get an e-mail link to my courses where the coupons are currently in effect. Thank you for your interest in my courses! Best wishes, - Dan Grijzenhout