I am a senior executive with 19+ years of experience in the philanthropic, non-profit, health care sector.
I consider myself extremely fortunate to have developed a career where I get to cultivate genuine relationships, share the joy of giving with others, and help so many people make a positive, lasting impact on our communities.
In my 14+ years as the Executive Director of the Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation I was instrumental in raising more than $22 million for the hospitals and health care services throughout the Fraser Valley Regional Hospital District.
Over the years I have developed:
- a respectful, inclusive leadership/mentorship style
- exceptional marketing, communication and presentation skills
- a solid understanding of CRA and BC Gaming rules, regulations and guidelines
- a firm understanding of non-profit accounting procedures
Through a passion for learning - and sometimes through necessity - I have had the opportunity to explore many areas of non-profit fundraising and have developed strong skills in:
- planned giving
- event planning
- project management
- major gifts acquisition
- grant writing
- strategic planning
- direct mailing
- human resource management – staff/volunteer
My specialties include:
- non-profit management
- revenue assessment/development
- donor recognition/stewardship
- stakeholder relations/Board engagement
- capital campaigns
- budgeting/non-profit accounting procedures