My name is Sofia and I am a freelance Consultant for Corporate Social Responsibility with a Focus on Social Compliance and CSR-Strategy. I have graduated with a Bachelor´s Degree in Social Entrepreneurship and CSR from a Business School in Germany and with a Master´s Degree in Sustainability and CSR from an Ivy League School. During my studies, I have spent time researching the Social Business Model of Grameen Danone in Bangladesh, the Bottom of the Pyramid Concept of major U.S. retailers and volunteering as a Cornell Social Business Consultant. Upon my graduation I started the work as Manager for Corporate Responsibility for DEPOT, a major German Retailer (400 shops, 350€ mill. in revenue), training staff on CSR, establishing communication with various stakeholders and building up their Corporate Social Compliance Activity. I am currently a Member of Group Advisory board of 2degrees, blogging about Sustainability and Social Compliance. My geographic expertise lies in Asian countries, notably China and Bangladesh. I was lucky enough to live, study and work in four countries. I am currently based in Berlin/Germany.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
With best wishes
- Manager of Corporate Responsibility at a big German Retailer (400 shops, 350€ mill. Revenue), built up and led the Corporate Responsibility Department, Focus on Social Compliance, Audits and Pre-Audits of Asian Suppliers, Germany; 2012-14
- Member of the "2degrees" Group Advisory Board (2degrees is world's leading online community for sustainable business professionals, with over 43.700 members), UK; 2014 - to date
- Group Leader of BSCI "Capacity Building" Working Sub-Group, Belgium; 2013-14
(BSCI is a global Social Compliance Corporate Initiative)
- Cornell University Social Business Consultant, USA; 2011
- Grameen Danone Social Business Bachelor´s Thesis, Bangladesh; 2010
- Bachelor´s in International Business with a Focus on Social Business
ESB Business School Reutlingen, Germany
- Exchange Semester, Development Economics, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Master´s in International Development with Focus on CSR, Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
For more Information, check out my LinkedIn Account.