Rajeev Shankar Gohil
Film Director/Cinematographer/Professor-Digital Film Making
A Professional Documentary Film Director and Cinematographer from India since 1986. Presently working as Professor - Digital Film Making, previously I worked as a Lecturer of Film & Video at the University Level for 9 years continuously. Presently working as a Documentary Film Director/Cameraman , and visiting teaching faculty for Film & Video for professional Film & Video Courses. This is worth mentioning here that I fundamentally belong to the Film Medium but due to technological reasons and developments I later finally switched to the Video Format. As a lecturer of Film and Video I used to teach 1. History of World Cinema 2. Aesthetics of Cinema 3. Theories of Cinema 5. Technology of Cinema Picture and Sound. 6. Lighting Technics and Equipment 7. Sound Technics and Equipment. I used to tech for both the formats i.e. Film and Video, but this course series is going to be fully focused and completely dedicated to Video. In present times we are in the era of Full HD Video format and even upto 4K - I will definitely dedicate my all lectures to Video Production in totality. My full Resume goes as follows:
Name : Rajeev SHANKAR GOHIL
Father’s Name : Ameer Chand
Date of Birth : 20th October, 1961
Resi. Address : A-3, NITTTR Campus,
Shanti Marg ,
Bhopal [ M.P.] INDIA 462002
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No. : Mobile- +91-8989800181 & +91-8319669454
Professional Skills : FILM DIRECTION .
WELL VERSED TECHNICAL SKILLS IN
CAMERA OPERATION OF ANY TYPE.
SCRIPT WRITING FOR FILMS.
SKILLED FILM ACADEMICIAN.
Past Job :
1. Professor and Head - Film Direction and Cinematography Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal.
2. Producer - NITTTR, Bhopal ( This is a Government of India Organization )
3. Lecturer – Film and Video Production in the Center For Audio-Visual Studies Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidhyalaya-
Bhopal [ from April 2001 to Aug 2009 total 8 & ½ years ]
Educational Qualification : BSc (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry)
MA (English Literature)
BCJ( Bachelor of Communication & Journalism )
Languages known : Hindi, English, Samskrit, Urdu.
Specialized Teaching Area :
[As lecturer of Cinema & Video in Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication ,since April 2001 upto Aug. 2009 ]
1. History of World Cinema & various trends.
2. History of Indian Cinema & various trends.
3. Cinema as Art , Technique , and Business.
4. Film Technique & its process of making.
5. Film Aesthetics and Language of Cinema.
6. Film Theories.
7. Culture , Arts & Aesthetics.
8. Indian concept of Arts & Aesthetics.
9. Western Concept of Arts & Aesthetics.
10 Indian Culture & its components.
11 Film & Society.
12 Video Production Technique & process
13 Single camera & Multi Camera Production.
14 Analysis of Film & Film Appreciation.
15 Analysis of Video Production.
16 Television Production & Society.
AS JOURNALIST :
1. Worked as Reporter and Sub-Editor in Free Press Journal in 1986-87
AS TRANSLATOR FOR WORLD LITERATURE :
2. Translated major writers of the Century viz., BERTOLT BRECHT, PABLO NARUDA, EARNEST HAMINGWAY, ANTON CHEKHOV, IVAN BUNIN, SAKI, FRANZ KAFKA, WALT WHTMAN, BORKHES, RAYMOND CARVER AND ALICE FAIZ etc. published in leading literary magazines of India.
AS THEATRE DIRECTOR/WRITER/DESIGNER :
3. Adapted, dramatised and directed great literary creations (1) Kafan-Premchand (2) Topi Shukla (Novel) Rahi Masoom Raza (3) Magadh-Shrikant Verma (4) Silence-Robert Coover and Jhoota Sach – Yashpal.
Screen Experience Filmography from 1987 till date
1. Tele serial “ Intezaar “ assisted Saeed Mirza 1987
2. Feature Film “Saleem Langde Pe Math Ro” assisted Saeed Mirza (35 mm)1989
3. Feature Film “Naseem” assisted Saeed Mirza (35 mm)1994
4. Series of short Films on “Panchayati Raj” assisted Saeed Mirza.1995
5. Tele Serial “Raja Ka Baja” assisted Saeed Mirza, directed 2 episodes as Independent Director. 1999
6. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Urdu Hai Jiska Naam”. (D D)1993
7. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Hum Ek Umra Se Waquif Hein” (D D)1994
8. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Ab Who Akhlaq Ki Deewangi Kahan”. (D D)1996
9. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Suraj Ka Naam Jadu”1996
10. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Chor-Chor” (D D)1995
11. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Syahie”1996
12. Tele Film- Direction and Screen Play “Asgharie” (D D)1996
13. Tele Serial- Direction and Screen Play “Rang Birange.”1997
14. Tele-Serial- Direction and Screen Play “Sitarey Kahte Hai.”1997
15. Short Films on Child Adaptation and Eve Teasing. ETC.1997
16. Tele Serial-Direction “Abhie Tak” (DD)1998
17. Screen-Play & Direction for the Series of five films on Leprosy Mission for the BBC The British Broadcasting Corporation.
18. Directed an extensive series of 16 films of tourist importance of Madhya Pradesh Tourism by Madhya Pradesh Madhyam associating Rajendra Jangley. Films include Khajuraho, Orchha, Mandu, Sanchi, Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Bhedaghat, Pachmarhi, Bhimbaitika, Bhojpur, Omkareshwar, Maheshwar, Amarkantak and Chitrakoot.
19. Directed Documentary Film on Ujjain titled “Ujjaini” produced by Madhya Pradesh Madhyam.1999
20. Directed Documentary Film “Ummeed” 1999
21. Directed Documentary Film on Bhopal “A Place to Cherish”.2000
22. Direction, Camera and Screen play for Folk & Tribal Dances of India Part I featuring-Sapera, Bihu, Dandiya, Chakri, Ranapa, Dangi, Rathwa, Giddha, Hojagiri, Tarah Taali, Karma dances. During 2002 - 2003
23. Direction, Camera and Screen play Folk & Tribal Dances of India Part II featuring-Rai, Gangaur, Matki, Korku, Baiga, Naurata, Bheel, Kathi, Badhai dances. During 2003 - 2004
24. Direction, Camera and Screen play for Film on Folk & Tribal Art and Craft forms of India titled “Aadivart”. 2002
25. Directed Film “Simhasth 2004” (16 mm)2004
26. Direction, Camera & Screen play -“Mitti ki Kahani” a film based on Folk & Tribal Terracota art forms.2005
27. Direction, Camera & Screen play “Peetal Raag” a film based on metal crafts of Tikamgarh.2005
28. Direction, Camera & Screen play -“Budelkhand-Jeevan-Jeevant” a film based on life style in Budelkhand region.2005
29. Direction, Camera & Screen play -“Kabahu Na Chhodde Khet” a film based on migratory peasants.2005
30. Direction, Camera & Screen play - Swablambi Kisan-Swablambi Bharat a film on agriculture in M.P.2006
31. Direction, Camera & Screen play “Sun Mere Bandhu Re” a film based on Water resources in Panna district of Madhya Pradesh.2006
32. Direction , Camera & Screen play for the film titled “Samarthan “2006.
33. Direction , Camera , & Screen play for the film titled “ Ujaas “ for the Indian Institute of Forest Management.2006.
34. Direction , Camera & Screen play for a Chhattisgarh Government film on National Rural Employement Guarantee Scheme “ Apne Dwar “ 2007
35. Direction and Screen Play for Telefilm for DD Under the Indian Classics “ Chhachhiya ka Chhach “ 2007.(7)
36. Direction , Camera and Screen play for Folk & Tribal Dances of India Part 3 featirung – Gaur Maria, Kaksaar, Gutum Baja, Bodo Ransidri, Bodo Bordoi Sikhilaa, Gond Karma, Korku Gadlee, Korku Thaptee , Gendi . during 2008 & 2009.
37. Direction, camera for film titled “Tana-Bana” based on life and struggle of chanderi saree weavers. 2008.
38. Direction , Camera and Script for film “ Nava Manoos” based on life of Tatyasaheb Kore and Warna Complex of Kolhapur, Maharashtra 2009.
39. Direction, Camera and Script for a series of films for the Govt. of Chhattisgarh titling 1.Nava Bihaan , 2. Jhitku- Mitki, 3. Vikalp, Sawai Rassi ,4. Ek Gaon Marmara, 5. Kotmisonar Ki Kahani, 6. Laakh Ki Baat , 7. Nav Aranya , Kayakalp ,8. Achanakmaar , 9. Boond – Boond Paani during 2010 & 2011.
40. Direction , Camera and Script for the film Bhagoriya for Madhya Pradesh Tourism. 2011.
41. Direction , Camera and Script for the film Bayaan-e Bhopal for NITTTR, Bhopal
42. Direction Camera for films for PSSCIVE [ A Government of India Vocational Institute ]through NITTTR, Bhopal.
43. Direction, Camera and Screenplay “ And Miles to Go” the Golden Jubillee of NITTTR, Bhopal.
44. Direction, Camera and Screenplay " Vanyoddha" a Documentary based on life of Forest Guards India.
45. Direction, Screenplay Short Fiction Film " Insult "
Ø Extensive research and professional study of all the seven tribes of Madhya Pradesh viz. Gond , Baiga , Bhil , Korku ,Bhariya , Kol & Sahariya , for their cultural heritage art & craft forms, their rituals and dance forms for Madhya Pradesh Adiwasi Lok Kala Acadamy.
Ø Extensive Research, professional study and tours in the deep and densely populated areas of the Tribal occupancy of Madhya Pradesh for exploring the possibilities of tourism for Madhya Pradesh Tourism.
Ø Researched for the first ever Tribal Tourist Destination Safari and cooperated the Madhya Pradesh Tribal Tourist Destination Safari, in the Bheel occupied dense areas of Jhabua, Ranapur, Sondava, Alirajpur, durinf the internationally festival of the Bheels – The Bhagoriya.
Ø Made a film Bhagoriya- Tribal Tourist Destination safari on the said mega-event as mentioned in the film list.
Place.............. (RAJEEV SHANKAR GOHIL)