Have you lost your joy of leadership?Leading a team not functioning highly effectively will quickly sap the joy from any leadership role.
(Research by Ruth Wageman states that "only 21% of teams are deemed highly effective”)
In my experience the loss of team effectiveness, and consequently leadership joy, comes from one of the three areas:
1) Dysfunctional team relationships,
2) Loss or lack of vision.
3) Low productivity
The work I do is helping leaders regain the joy of leaders by helping you create a team with the following seven features:
1) An inclusive culture where team members feel welcome and valued.
2) A team permeated with a positive 'can do' attitude.
3) A team that is clear and focused on their purpose.
4) A team that boldly faces the reality of their current situation.
5) A team that has open, rigorous and respectful discussions about what needs to be done and who is going to do what by when.
6) A team that has clear rules about the boundaries team members work within.
7) A team that has a culture of holding members accountable for the commitments they have made.