In his earlier years, Jason learned how to program on a ZX-81 and a Commodore 64... with a 300 baud modem! These experiences paved the way for his professional software career, which began in 1994 (including employment as a developer/architect with Computer Associates, Lawson Software, and others).
• 20+ years of professional software leadership, architecture, and engineering experience, with a current focus on technical training and courseware authoring (Java EE, iOS, and Web Development).
• Architected and implemented highly scalable enterprise software, developed with functional, aspect, and object oriented analysis, design, languages, and frameworks.
• Managed and mentored geographically distributed teams, leading software design and code reviews.
• Authored and presented topics in software development to thousands of students with disparate technical backgrounds.
• Taught the original publication of Intertech's "Complete Java SE 8 Developer Bootcamp - OCA Prep Included" course, here on Udemy.
Jason holds a Master of Science in Software Engineering degree from the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota, 2004), where he focused on Object Oriented Analysis and Design and Software Security (Cryptography & Cryptanalysis).