Originally from Chicago, Irene earned her Bachelor s of Science in Education at Illinois State University. After graduation she moved to Florida where she worked for the Walt Disney World Company in College Recruiting for the College Programs and as a Youth Education Series Facilitator. She has taught for 7 years in the 5th and 6th grades at Celebration School in Orlando, A.B. Combs Leadership Magnet School, in Raleigh, and Apex Middle School in Apex. When her second son Bailey was born she chose to stay home to do a home daycare and be a volunteer Preschool Coordinator at Hope Community Church
While at home with her second son Irene studied under Kim West, AKA the Sleep Lady to become a certified sleep consultant. Irene is one of the “First 50” graduates of The Gentle Sleep Coaching Program which is currently the most extensive & professional sleep certification program available. The program involves over 50 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C who has been helping tired parents for over 16 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of her training topics have included:
· Basic counseling and child development
· Sleep Science and Behavioral Modification Techniques
· Secure Attachment Theory
· Supporting the Breastfeeding Mom and much more!
She has attended Lectures from top specialists in the areas of:
· Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
· Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
· Reflux and GERD issues led by Dr. Brian Vartabedian, MD, FAAP - author of Colic Solved
· Breastfeeding and Relux led by Dr. Jack Newman at Breastfeeding Inc
· Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
As founder of Loving Lessons- Irene contributes her success in coaching parents to her sons Connor age 6 and Bailey age 4. She says “my boys are the loves of my life, but they challenge me every day to stretch myself in ways I never I knew I could be stretched. They have taught me how to teach them the loving lessons in all aspects of life and how to create healthy habits which will impact them in their future.” Now a Gentle Sleep Coach in the Raleigh and the surrounding areas, she works to empower parents to coach their children to transform sleep, get more joy in parenting, and set children up for academic success!