IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
The following information provides an overview of IEEE offerings and services.
- more than 425,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 50 percent of whom are from outside the United States;
- more than 116,000 Student members;
- 333 Sections in 10 geographic regions worldwide;
- 2,195 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests;
- 2,354 student branches at colleges and universities;
- 800 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies;
- 428 affinity groups - IEEE Affinity Groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The Affinity Group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants' Network, Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD), Women in Engineering (WIE), and Life Members (LM).
- has 38 Societies and 7 technical Councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests;
- has more than 3 million documents in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, with more than 8 million downloads each month;
- has more than 1,400 standards and projects under development;
- publishes more than 148 transactions, journals, and magazines;
- sponsors more than 1,300 conferences in 80 countries while:
- partnering with more than 1,000 non-IEEE entities globally;
- attracting more than 400,000 conference attendees;
- publishing more than 1,200 conference proceedings via IEEE Xplore.