Arnold Van Den Berg founded Century Management in 1974. Today, he serves as chairman of the Century Management Advisory Committee, as well as chairman of the CM Advisors Family of Funds Board of Trustees. Active in managing investment strategies for the firm, Arnold is the lead portfolio manager for the CM Value I (All-Cap Value) separate account strategy, for all of the balanced separate account strategies, and for the CM Advisors Fund (CMAFX). He is the co-portfolio manager for the CM Fixed Income separate account strategy and the CM Advisors Fixed Income Fund (CMFIX).
Arnold's accomplishments in the world of investing have been recognized by many:
- Featured in The World's 99 Greatest Investors: The Secret of Success by Magnus Angenfelt, 2013 (pp 226-227)
- Included on the list of "SuperInvestors" on the Graham and Doddsville blog
- Featured on the list of investment gurus on GuruFocus.
- Interviewed, quoted and referenced by numerous publications such as:
- Outstanding Investor Digest
- Seeking Alpha
- Outlook Profit Magazine (India)
- Money Manager Review
- Austin Business Journal
While Arnold has no formal college education, his rigorous self-study, tremendous dedication, and over 45 years of industry experience are the foundation of Arnold's extensive market knowledge. Prior to starting Century Management, he worked as a financial advisor/consultant for Capital Securities and John Hancock Insurance. Arnold is married and has three children and seven grandchildren.