My passion is for technology, education, and innovation when it comes to startups, corporations, and product development.
I have over 15 years of experience in the technology industry and I have worked with startups and Fortune 500 companies. I also have an Executive MBA where I focused in Innovation Management -- or the study of creative problem solving. I am also a life-long learner and have studied Lean Startup, Business Model Generation, and other leading methods.
I use all of this knowledge and experience as a Management Consultant and as an instructor to share this knowledge and inspire others to improve their businesses.
I am the Managing Director and Lead Strategic Partner at Business Model Edge — where we are focused on partnering with companies to improve their Business Model, innovation, and creative processes. My passion is working with creative teams to innovate the disruptive technologies of tomorrow.
I like to act like an artist by envisioning something new and creative; think like an architect by using processes to design innovative business models and strategy; and do like a surgeon by using a variety of effective business tools to achieve results.
As a professional, I have transformed my career from a technical expert, to a project manager, to a senior business leader. I have worked in SaaS companies, start-ups, and in large scale companies such as Crystal Decision, Business Objects, and Best Buy Canada.
Executive MBA, Royal Roads University
Program Management, University of British Columbia
Project Management, University of British Columbia
Computer Systems Technology, NAIT
Strategic Innovation and Design Thinking, Stanford
Decision Quality, Stanford
Leading SAFe, Scaled Agile Academy
Masterclass – Business Model Generation, San Francisco
Design Thinking for Business Innovation
• Innovation and Collaboration – Study, facilitation, and development.
• Strategic Development – Working directly with C-ˇlevel Executives.
• Project Management – Multi million-ˇdollar critical business projects.
• Business Valuation – Business case development and earned value analysis.
• Leadership – Management of professional direct and indirect reports.
• Technology Architecture – Concept, to design, to implementation.
* Business Model Generation
* Strategic Planning
* Creative Problem-ˇSolving
* Innovation Management
* Team Leadership
* Collaboration Leadership
* Project Management
* Business Value Analysis
Business Model Edge - Managing Director
• Ideation – Collaboration through Open Spaces Technology and Creative-ˇProblem Solving processes,
• Strategy – Development of Business Model Canvas design and Business Cases with earned value analysis,
• Execution – Management Consulting and Project Management.
Traction on Demand – Strategic Solutions Manager
• Facilitated team of 40 in Open Spaces Technology and creative problem-ˇsolving processes.
• A lead role working with leadership to develop corporate strategy and vision planning exercises.
• Leader for the overall delivery of solutions for key strategic large-ˇscale corporate accounts.
Vision Critical – Senior Manager, Business Management Office – Global IT
• Developed program management and business case best practices.
• Improved the budget management -ˇ-ˇ $1.7M in capital and $4.4M in operating expense.
• Team lead of team of six intermediate to senior level professionals.
Best Buy Canada – Senior Manager, Business Relationship Management
• A key role working with C-ˇsuite Executives and senior leadership on developing multi-ˇyear technology strategic roadmaps.
• Responsible for technology portfolio budgets of $12M in capital.
• Developed business cases with earned value analysis of capital spend.
• Developed strong working relationships with business leaders, technology leaders, architects, project managers, and vendors.
• Lead role in the successful development and deployment of mobile point-ˇof-ˇsale, e-ˇreceipt, and omni-ˇchannel retail solutions.
DTM Systems – Director, Business Development and Program Management
Business Objects – Project Leader
Crystal Decisions – Technical Product Specialist, Enterprise
Epic Information Solutions – Technical Analyst
Videotron – Technical Support Specialist
Contractor - Web Developer