What is the course about?
This course provides a thorough introduction to the C programming language which is the core of the UNIX/Linux operating system and other embedded systems.
One of those things beginners in C find difficult is the concept of Multi-Dimensional Arrays and Dynamic Allocation of Memory. The purpose of this tutorial is to provide an introduction to Multi-Dimensional Arrays and their use to these beginners.
There are times when it is convenient to allocate memory at run time using malloc(), calloc(), or other allocation functions. Using this approach permits postponing the decision on the size of the memory block need to store an array, for example, until run time. Or it permits using a section of memory for the storage of an array of integers at one point in time, and then when that memory is no longer needed it can be freed up for other uses, such as the storage of an array of structures.
When memory is allocated, the allocating function (such as malloc(), calloc(), etc.) returns a pointer. The type of this pointer depends on whether you are using an older K&R compiler or the newer ANSI type compiler. With the older compiler the type of the returned pointer is char, with the ANSI compiler it is void.
Programming assignments and laboratory exercises are required to do by students. Please remember that this is a serious course on programming. I believe that programming language like C cannot be learned in few hours. It required continuous practice. Students may have to put a lot of efforts in order to become expert in programming and make the best use of this course.
What kind of material is included?
1. This course consists of high quality training content using quality videos with industry oriented hands-on examples.
2. I have tried to include the juice of my 10 years of Programming experience in this course.
3. The focus is on giving real life essential tricks and skills.
4. This course will have sets of online programming assignments and objective type quizzes.
5. I suggest students to take this course with pen and paper handy. Note the important points and take part in discussions. The exercise is the most important part in learning any language. I advise students to take the problems after each section.
How is the course structured?
1. A perfect blend of theory and programming.
Why take this course?
1. Learning C programming language is basic to learn all other programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc. Because, all other advanced programming languages were derived from C language concepts only.
2. This course will tends to replace text books on C programming ie it will be a complete reference of Multi-Dimensional Arrays and Dynamic Allocation of Memory
3. You will learn how programming languages work with data, what program flow is, and how to use Multi-Dimensional Arrays and Dynamic Allocation of Memory
4. You will also get step-by-step instructions on how to create simple and advance C programs and how to run them.
5. For the college going students, this course helps in improving grades in college curriculum and increases the chances at the final Campus Interview.
I am a co-author of various manuals, and has edited and reviewed more than a dozen other books. I wrote columns that provided keen insights into the little algorithmic nuggets that we use in our programs. My favorite books includes "Writing Efficient Programs", "More Programming Pearls" and "Programming Pearls". The best programmers not only continuously improved the quality of their work, they also influence other members of their team.
I learned about project management and team interaction working at various organisations. I still believe that humans are still at the beginning of the code revolution. Programmers and users are still imitating what came before, and haven’t even imagined all that could be in the future. One thing I am sure of is that code is a type of language, based on the same logic as Sanskrit, and for the first time in history, language can change the physical world. Programming is a literature.
I've always had a passion for teaching in seminars and corporations during my consulting projects. My online school eLearningMedium gives me the opportunity to share my knowledge with students of all backgrounds and experiences across the globe! I'm really excited for this opportunity to bring to you real-world practical experience!
I've plans of making some of the courses about Algorithms and Data Structures, Java, HTML5, Software Engineering and Software Project Management. I give all my heart into creation of courses. I always try to explain everything the easiest possible way. I'm sure that my courses will help you in the adventure.