This course will teach you some of the many ways comedians make people laugh with their thoughts and stories.
In turn, you will learn how to make your own thoughts and stories hilarious!
This course is a beginner's guide to learning stand up comedy and will explain and instruct you how to write and deliver jokes. The advice and tips in this course can be also be applied to many everyday situations and helpful to many different people:
1. Learn amazing public speaking skills (stand up comedy is the easiest way to get speaking time in front of people). I will tell you how to get stage time and how different shows are structured.
2. Learn how to make your stories funnier in everyday conversation. This course will go into detail about what you should write about and the different writing devices used to make your ideas funny.
3. Spice up your current public speaking skills with joke writing and comedy writing devices. This course will explain all the components needed to make an audience laugh.
4. Conquer a fear of public speaking.
5. Learn the beginning process involved in stand up comedy and the what it takes to perform stand up on a regular basis. Most people are huge fans of stand up comedy but they have no clue what the process is like.
6. You will also learn timing and delivery techniques that will allow you to speak with conviction and maximize the amount audience members pay attention to you!
7. Also, there are some specific ways that you should network and market your abilities in the comedy world. This course will explain some of the most effective methods.
Here is an explanation of different types of comedians and what they talk about!
Your material should to be written in a certain format in order to maximize it's funnyness!
Watch me perform the same joke over and over! Observe how I fix set ups and add punchlines!
Philippe Schafer was born and raised around Washington D.C. Formerly an operations engineer, he has been performing stand up comedy for over 8 years and he has been on stage over 1,500 times. He uses the stage to share insightful and intimate stories of his personal life and to showcase his incredibly remarkable, super cool dance moves. Audiences are always envious of his dancing skills. He can see it on their faces. They just never admit it.
He has performed all up and down the east coast of the United States and has opened for many great comedians that have been seen on the Late Show with David Letterman, Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, Chelsea Lately, and Comedy Central.
In addition, he works as a strength and conditioning coach for high school and collegiate athletes and a substitute teacher in middle and high schools.