Choose between practical significance or statistical significance ?
A free video tutorial from Mahmoud Ali
System analyst , Senior Consultant , President of UreadUp
3.4 instructor rating • 1 course • 6,991 students
Data Analysis & statistics course Description
Learn more from the full courseStatistics & Applied Data Science - Business Data Analysis
Data Science Statistics : Data Science from Scratch for Beginners : Data Analysis Techniques, Method Course : Analytics
09:05:25 of on-demand video • Updated May 2020
- Data analysis FAQ related to interview questions in your career .
- Four main things you should know them in data analysis and business analysis
- HYPOTHESIS TESTING
- Normal distribution and standard normal in details using Z table .
- Sampling distribution with practical simulation apps and answering of important technical questions .
- Confidence level and Confidence interval .
- What is t distribution ? ( with projects )
- Inferential and Descriptive statistics with collection of important quizzes and examples .
- One sample mean t test .
- Two sample means t test .
- How to calculate P value using manual and direct method ?
- What is after data analysis ?
- TWO PROJECTS related to hypothesis testing
- Null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis .
- What is P value ?
- Data types and Why we need to study data types ?
- What is Type one error ?
- Relationship between Type one error and Alpha ( non confident probability )
- Is Normal distribution and t distributions are cousins ?
- Projects like Estimation of goals in premier league ( using confidence interval ) , and more .. and more to learn it
- Ice Cola example with student's t distribution .
- Help fisherman to catch Tuna using sampling distribution
- What is "double edged sword of statistics" ?
- Is programming something mandatory to learn data analysis and business analysis ?
- Which programming languages i should start with it ?
- Practical significance versus statistical significance , and more to learn .. and more to learn it
English Hello everybody. I am Mahmood. Welcome for watching this video. Our lesson today it's about the double edged sword of statistics. What do you mean by double edged sword of Statistics ? let's take an example . if I told you we have two cases. Case number one is practical significance is very important to make a decision based on it. The other case is about statistical significance , statistical significance Give us results are very important to make a decision about it. So which one I should choose ? Practical Significance or statistical significance ! . also is that means statistics "may be" a liar ? So let's take an example to Explain it.