Importing Local Content
A free video tutorial from Rob Brooks
4.7 instructor rating • 1 course • 11,052 students
Learn more from the full courseUnreal Engine 4 - Learn to Make a Game Prototype in UE4
A complete guide that takes you through every step of building a professional and polished SHMUP game using UE4.
15:41:51 of on-demand video • Updated December 2019
- Gain an understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Learn simple - intermediate uses of Blueprints.
- Develop an understanding for some preferred game development pipelines.
- Build a polished prototype to flesh out into a full game.
- Learn to navigate UE4 interface with hands on experience.
- An introduction to particle systems.
- Applying Audio to a game.
- Creating your own Game Mode to manage the game logic.
- Programming a player controlled character.
- programming different enemies and projectile types.
- Programming a simple boss.
- A dynamic wave spawning system.
- The use of inheritance to help streamline development.
- Simple art concepts.
- Importing content into the game from various sources.
- Learn to use source control.
- Implement a save / load system.