Adobe XD Project Tutorial
A free video tutorial from Daniel Walter Scott
Adobe Certified Instructor & Adobe Certified Expert
4.7 instructor rating • 28 courses • 274,509 students
Learn more from the full courseUser Experience Design Essentials - Adobe XD UI UX Design
Use XD to get a job in UI Design, User Interface, User Experience design, UX design & Web Design
11:45:03 of on-demand video • Updated July 2020
- Become a UX designer.
- You will be able to start earning money from your XD Skills.
- You will be able to add UX designer to your CV
- Build a UX project from beginning to end.
- Become a UI designer.
- Build & test a full mobile app.
- Build & test a full website design.
- You will have a project of your own to add to your portfolio.
- 93 lectures of well-structured, step by step content.
- Learn to design websites & mobile phone apps.
- Work with fonts & colors.
- Prototype your designs with interactions.
- Test on mobile phones.
- You'll create realistic prototype complete with micro interactions.
- Send your designs for feedback & commenting.
- Export production ready assets.
- Create your first UX brief & persona.
- Create quick wireframes.
- How to use premade UI kits.
- Learn professional workflow tricks & shortcuts.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind
- Downloadable exercise files
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew
- All the techniques used by UX professionals
- Build a mobile app prototype that responses to voice commands.
- You will be able to talk correctly with other UX design professionals.
- You'll learn how to choose colors.
- You'll learn how to pick the correct fonts.
- You'll be able to send your finished work to other professionals in the correct formats.
English Hey there, you made it in the course, welcome. A couple of things before we get started is that... you need to download the exercise files. So I've got some files that you can use to play along with the course. There will be a link on the page here somewhere to download those... so do that first. Next step, we need to make sure that XD is the latest version of the version. So we just need to make sure your XD is the best it can be. So we'll jump into the computer now, and I'll show you how to do that. The first thing is, you need to have downloaded... the Adobe XD software to your computer. You can go to... you can actually just go to adobe.com/xd... and it will take you to this page here. Then along the top, you will have - once it reloads - there'll be an option to say... it's free, there you go, go and download it. So once you've downloaded it-- you might already have it on your computer. Then once you've got it you need to double check... you've got the latest version. So I've got it open here, there's this XD here... I'll close that one, it's confusing. So you've downloaded it, installed it, but you did it a few months ago. Unlike some of the other Adobe products XD gets updated really quickly... so you just got to make sure you've got the latest version. To do this you go to the app. So the Creative Cloud app... there's this little kind of curly cloud thing here. Click on it at the top if you're on a Mac. If you're on a PC it's in your taskbar down the bottom, just look for that icon. Make sure you're on Apps, then scroll down till you find XD. If it says 'Open', you are ready to go. If it says 'Update', you need to click on it and update it. If you don't have, or can't find the CC app... you can just open up the product... find out on your machine, open it up, go to 'Help'... go to 'Updates', and you'll end up in the same place... but a little kind of, like drag you there. There you go. Now, to note about this course... Adobe are pouring in lots of time, and effort, and money... into updating XD and keeping it fresh. So I feel like there's an update every, like week or two. So what I'll do is, when there are any significant updates... or anything noteworthy... what I'll do is I'll create a new video... at the end of this entire course called 'Updates'. In there I will throw all of the-- any updates that might have come in. So if there's no such video at the moment... that means there's no such updates, but eventually there will be. So we've got our exercise files... you've made sure XD is installed and up-to-date. Let's get started.