Discussion on the Levels and Stages of Life
In this video, Kain and Gerry discuss their thoughts on the levels and stages of life, identifying that there is actually a fifth stage of life: the season of transition. As we move through transitions, we can either see challenge as a negative or as an opportunity to grow - this is what keeps life exciting. As helpers, understanding this better prepares us to help others move through their transitions.
The Fundamentals of Skilled Helping, with Gerard Egan
Learn more from the full courseThe Skilled Helper Training Course (with Gerard Egan Ph.D.)
Learn the Gerard Egan Skilled Helper method for solving problems, identifying opportunities & supporting personal growth
06:59:59 of on-demand video • Updated November 2018
- Understand the motivation behind patterns of human behaviour.
- Learn from your past to make rational and intelligent decisions.
- Increase your potential to self-reflect accurately and usefully.
- Solve problems and identify areas in your life for improvement.
- Help people solve problems and recognize new opportunities.
- Develop active listening skills to connect meaningfully with people.
- Ask thought-provoking questions that evoke healthy discussion.
- Enable other people to make significant and challenging decisions.
- Help people to evaluate their perspective, from various viewpoints.
- Inspire people to develop and take responsibility for themselves.
- Challenge views that differ from yours in an accommodating way.
- PLUS: Get exclusive access to the private discussion group!