What Makes a Great Captain?
In this anecdote, the idea of a leader's role will come alive.
The Captain of a Ship might think they're humble, getting back to the ground level, and giving great customer care, by getting involved in all stages of the process. If they make the beds and cook the dinner are they being a good manager and caring about the customer or are the neglecting their vital role as driver. The key role a captain needs to fulfil is to steer the ship towards success, and this cannot be done if they are refusing to delegate.
This story sets the stage for everything we'll be learning in this course - motivating your employees, quality control, delegating, and prioritising. Are you being a good captain right now?
Learn more from the full courseLeadership: Practical Leadership Skills
Master leadership skills and leadership techniques with this highly practical advice and training
02:41:55 of on-demand video • Updated March 2020
- Become a Master in Leadership
- Be a better boss, and run a highly effective team
- Delegate effectively to empower their team
- Have a healthy work life balance, with a happy environment
- Understand academic theories surrounding leadership styles and techniques
- Build a vast array of practical tools to be a fantastic leader
- Know the difference between delegating styles and which one is appropriate for each situation
- Feel confident enough to involve employees in decision making and planning
- Spend more time developing plans and ideas for the future