Infographics Design 101 - Basic Principles

Aisha Borel
A free video tutorial from Aisha Borel
Graphic Designer | Mind Mapping | Instructional Designer
4.3 instructor rating • 4 courses • 3,499 students

Learn more from the full course

Use Infographic Design to Get Customers Attention & Keep It!

Learn Everything You Need About Infographic Design So You Can Grab Customers Attention, Get Better Clients, and More

02:34:32 of on-demand video • Updated January 2018

  • Go from total infographics beginner to advanced infographics designer
  • Learn from a professional infographics designer how to create an original, professional looking, high quality infographics from scratch
  • Move beyond boring, basic, overused infographics templates by learning how to hack Canva like a Pro! (Goodbye Photoshop)
  • Understand how to go from concept (blank page) to completion (beautiful finished infographic) and share it with the World
  • Enjoy a fun, over-the-shoulder, watch and learn Masterclass approach to infographics design creation
  • Gain a deep and true understanding of how professional infographics designers easily create real-world infographics again and again
  • Practice your new infographics skills by following along
  • Learn exactly how to create AMAZING infographics
  • Get immediate, lifetime access to this course along with ALL updates — FYI, I update this course often!
  • And so much more! ... Can't wait to see your infographics
English [Auto] Info graphic design one basic and for graphic design principles in this lesson you'll learn about the 7 percent rule and how it relates to graphic design. Exactly why nonverbal communication matters and how to best communicate your infographics the visual methods. So let's talk more about the 7 percent rule. Exactly what it is and how it relates to graphic design and data visualization. Now the 7 percent rule says that nearly all communication occurs nonverbally meaning we talk to someone about any subject matter only 7 percent of the words that you say are actually being received by the brain. The other 93 percent of what's being communicated can be interpreted through both body language and tone of voice. Now why exactly does nonverbal communication matter so much. Well in order to answer that question more fully we need to dive even further into the details in regards the 7 percent rule. Have a look. Fifty five percent of all non-verbal communication is expressed through your body language. Thirty percent of attention is given to your tone of voice as in the words you choose whether written or spoken. The very kinds of vocal inflections you express questions such as when people hear you clearly. Are you confident intimidating. Rambling on and on and on. Or are you interesting to listen to. Do you know your subject matter well. All of these questions are being answered silently by the listener and they leave a valuable impression on them. Not only that but the tone of voice we use greatly affects our ability to connect with another person and communicate in a way that is intended. Interestingly enough only 7 percent of our listeners attention is being given to the words that are actually being said. This is how important body language is when it comes to our ability to effectively communicate with others. Now Body Language being your facial expression is the amount of eye contact you make or don't make the hand gestures you use and your overall posture. All these things become increasingly important when looking at the overall bigger picture. When it comes to communication with all this data and research on verbal and nonverbal communication exactly how how do we translate it into communicating visually in the form of infographics. So glad you asked. Just a speech contains nonverbal and verbal elements sodas for graphic design. Her body language tone of voice every words are used to communicate a message. If a graphic design also uses its own forms of nonverbal communication to transmit a message as well. These forms of non-verbal communication are conveyed through the choice of fonts color images graphics icons content how it's all laid out structured and any other form of spatial arrangement inside the entire graphic.