What is Thick Painting?
Thick painting is using paint that's very thick to make some fun stuff, like...
- Swirling to make 3D flowers
- Thick impasto tulips
- Broomstick sized flowers
- Press to make squishes with intricate lines all done in about a second
- Use of cake tips to form sculptures
- Make starfish texture
- Trace templates to dry and transfer to a painting.
Dry on different layers to make a 3D rose. The fragmented looking glass bits look sharp but is really flexible paint. I will show you how to make a Simple Sculptural Rose.
Learn more from the full courseHow to Paint a 3D Simple Sculptural Rose
Use Cake Decorating Tips to Paint a Simple Sculpture Made Out of Literal Paint.
53:52 of on-demand video • Updated March 2019
- Create a Simple Sculptural Rose using thick paint.