Using Relative References when Recording Macros
When selecting cells whilst recording a macro, the macro records these as absolute references. You can toggle between relative and absolute references during a recording to get the correct behaviour from your macro.
This tutorial covers;
- Recording a macro that consolidates data onto one worksheet
- Using relative references in a macro
- Viewing the VBA code generated by the recording and editing parts
Learn more from the full courseExcel VBA - The Complete Excel VBA Course for Beginners
Learn Excel VBA and take your spreadsheets to the next level.
12:15:28 of on-demand video • Updated October 2020
- Write powerful Excel VBA code to automate processes
- Identify real world situations where you can apply your new VBA skills
- Understand, test and debug VBA errors
- Lifetime access to the lessons, practice files, exercises, and 1-on-1 instructor support
- Fun and effective lessons including 'real world' Excel VBA projects to complete
- Projects and challenges to practice your skills