What is Conflict and Why it Occurs?
Conflict is often viewed negatively but conflict occurs on a very regular basis in work environments with good reason.
Learn more from the full courseConflict Management with Emotional Intelligence
Discover ways to grow your communication skills to manage conflict and develop emotional intelligence in the workplace
03:16:21 of on-demand video • Updated March 2021
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected and why it is a part of healthy relationships.
- Compare and contrast the various modes that can be used in conflict resolution.
- Assess your own mode of conflict and how this helps or hinders you in working with conflict.
- Explain how emotional responses differentiate from rational responses in conflict.
- Determine your behavioural preferences around managing and working with time and how they impact upon your flexibility.
- Develop strategies for dealing with conflict and have some ideas about how to resolve difficulties.
- Discover how emotional intelligence is used to resolve conflict and build emotional bonds.