Tailoring the Processes
Chances are that you follow a prescribed methodology to manage projects where you work. Your work environment uses names for some of these processes that differ slightly from those presented here and in the PMBOK Guide, and that’s perfectly fine. The methodology that your organization uses to manage projects is just that—a method. The PMBOK Guide is not a methodology, but a guide to the best practices of project management. The flexibility of the PMBOK Guide and project management is beautiful, when you think about it. Okay, maybe “beautiful” isn’t the best word, but the flexibility works. The processes and approaches that you utilize in your project management approach involves tailoring of the processes, and that’s what’s needed in every project. Tailoring enables you to choose what processes should be used on a project and to what depth the processes should be used.
Learn more from the full courseCAPM Exam Prep Seminar - PMBOK Guide, Sixth Edition
Pass the CAPM and Earn 25 Contact Hours to Qualify for the CAPM Exam
23:32:55 of on-demand video • Updated November 2019
- You will get all the resources you need to pass the PMI CAPM certification exam.
- You will earn 25 exam contact hours from a PMI Registered Education Provider.
- You will be able to discuss the PMBOK Guide 6th edition with confidence.
- Explain the project management processes
- Discuss the project management knowledge areas
- Demonstrate the formulas, charts, and theories of project management
- Calculate float for complex project network diagrams
- Memorize the formulas for earned value management
- Compare and contrast processes, knowledge areas, theories, and project management best practices
- Complete hands-on assignments and exercises