Java EE Fundamentals - A Practical Guide For Developers
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Get a firm grounding in modern software development with Java
The building blocks of Java Platform Enterprise Edition
Good grounding in the various Java Specification Requests
- Know how to contribute to Java Enterprise Edition
- Be able to make objective, informed decision about Java EE
- Be able to identify Java EE FUD and myths
- A decent laptop or desktop computer
- A desire to understand what Java EE is
- A curiosity about what all the various acronyms in the Java ecosystem mean
Java EE. JCP. JSR. EJB. Jax RS. Have you ever wondered what all these mean? Have you ever been intimidated by the sheer number of acronyms you need to master to get started with the Java EE platform? Worry no more! This course is your ultimate theoretical guide to everything Java EE.
We cover all the major acronyms that make up the ever powerful Java EE platform. You will know and appreciate
- What Java EE really is
- What a Java Specification Request (JSR) is
- What the Java Community Process (JCP) is
- How you can contribute to the Java EE platform
- Notable companies and individuals that are members of the JCP
- Whether Java EE is the right platform for you next project
- Whether there are any drawbacks to using Java EE
- Java EE vs Spring
- Java EE myth busters
- Java EE FUD busters and much much more
This course is a free flow, no-code approach to understanding and appreciating the Java EE platform. Why no code? Because to really make sense of Java EE, one will need to understand how the platform is evolved. This is very important to help you dispel a lot of misunderstanding of Java EE and also appreciate how decisions are made, how you can contribute to the platform and most important, help you make informed decision whether Java EE is for you.
This course will cover a lot of ground and by the time you are done with it, you will have a deep understanding of Java EE the platform, Java EE the community and how you can contribute to Java EE. You will also gain deep enough knowledge to be able to make objective decisions about whether you should use Java EE or not. More importantly, you will know when to ignore Java EE FUD and myth.
You will also learn about a lot of the modern features that have been added to the Java EE platform through the JCP's JSR program.
The course is presented in a plain, unscripted everyday English designed to get you to appreciate concepts fast! If you have longed to get a firm grounding in software development with Java, then this is your course.
I will be with you at all times in the course forum and you can ask me any question you want. I will be more than glad to answer them. I will also be updating the course with the latest happenings in the JCP with regards to progress towards Java EE 8 and beyond. This course will be your living, lifelong theoretical companion to the Java EE platform.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, just click the big green buy now button. You definitely have nothing to loose with Udemy's helpful 30 day money back guarantee. Go ahead, enroll now and I will see you in the course.
- Anyone who wants to understand how Java EE works
- Anyone who wants a firm theoretical foundation in Java EE
- Anyone who wants to master the pillars of Java EE
- Anyone who wants to contribute to the Java Platform
- Software developers who are new to Java
- Anyone who wants to master the various acronyms of the Java Platform