The Power and Principles of Persuasion
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know why plants are often more persuasive than people
Spot the ten worst and most popular methods of persuasion
Recognize the motivations most humans have in common
- Understand how personality influences motivations
- Be able to give a two-question personality test
- Use questions and clarification to determine motivations
- Practice the Seven Physiological Steps of Persuasion
- Grasp the difference between Persuasion and Manipulation
- Develop the skills to delegate, negotiate, and set boundaries
- I recommend, but do not require, that students visit my website to get a sense of my teaching style. They can find me at www.ariverworthriding.wordpress.com
- If students do decide to take this course, I recommend that they subscribe to my blog and note my e-mail address, DearNavigator@gmail.com, as this is my primary method for answering student questions.
The Power and Principles of Persuasion are often misunderstood. People tend to confuse manipulating, demanding, complaining, and advising with persuasion. This course examines why people so often fail to persuade, and provides practical tools that you can practice in order to become more persuasive. We look at what motivates others, the power of questions, the psychological steps of persuasion, as well as when attempting persuasion is simply not worth your time.
- This course is designed for anyone who wishes to increase their ability to persuade, as well as understand why their attempts to persuade so often fail.
A quick course breakdown, followed by a few words about my background, and ending with contact information should you have any questions while taking my course.
A story about the most persuasive being who ever lived.
The ten most popular and disastrous persuasive techniques, and how to avoid them.