The Geography of Globalization
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Student will understand the several key aspects of Globalization.
Student will understand the history of globalization.
Student will be able to discuss the key critical ideologies behind Globalization.
- Student will be understand Least Cost Theory and its role in shaping the Globalized world.
- Student will be able to discuss uneven global development.
- Student will be able to identify globally traded commodities that shape economic and political relationships.
- Student will be able to identify the benefits and liabilities of Globalization on cultures around the world.
- Students will be able to discuss how Globalization affects the environment.
- Students will be able to identify how demographic trends have been shaped by Globalization.
- Students will be able to discuss what might deconstruct or reverse Globalization.
This course will explore the complexities related to globalization. It will examine the history of modern globalization, the critical ideologies, theories, and policies that helped to connect the world economies, and the impacts of globalization on culture, development, and the environment.
No textbook is required for this course.
The course is structured in a way that breaks down the concept of Globalization into fifteen (15) lectures (including the Introduction and Conclusion). Most lectures will be in video form and will have an organized PowerPoint to help frame each concept.
I believe this class will really provide perspective about our world, today. The human landscape has and continues to be shaped by the processes of Globalization, both in good ways and bad ways. After this course, you will understand the globalized world much better. I am confident that the lessons learned in this course can be applied at work, will support a deeper understanding of world issues, or just make you a more informed individual.
- This course is intended for anyone interested in how Globalization works or fails to work.