Treatment Routine 3 - Tension Headache:
- The pain is located around the entire head.
- Symptoms may include stiffness of the neck, upper back, shoulders, and shoulder blades.
- The pain may be caused by overuse of the eyes together with the arms, shoulders, shoulder blades, and neck. Sometimes this headache is caused by mental or emotional tension and stress.
Ready-made sets of point combinations are widely used by different acupuncture and acupressure traditions.
An important aspect of the point combinations is that they can be relied on as a very effective therapeutic tool even by practitioners with only basic training in manual therapy and without any knowledge of medical theory.
In addition, the use of point combinations establishes a solid foundation for the development of intuitive awareness of the energy lines and points.
Unlike a general treatment for the entire body, a treatment routine is aimed at treating an existing disorder, and focuses on only a few select areas, lines, and points (sometimes stretches are also used).
The lines and points of a specific routine are the core of the treatment, while other parts of the body are ignored or treated only when time allows.
This treatment routine is one of 60 different Thai acupressure treatment routines for orthopedic disorders. Please see my other courses on Udemy for the rest of those treatment routines.
Who is the target audience?
- Manual therapy practiotners of any method.
- Swedish massage, Deep Tissue, Twina, Shiatsu practitioners, physiotherapists, etc...