Learn SSRS Reporting in 120 minutes
- Create reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
Complete the MSBI suite (if you have taken my Databases and ETL courses)
Apply these techniques in any of your projects, to build highly customized reports.
- Building graphs, maps, charts and other visualization
- Be comfortable building Tables, Matrices, lists and deploying to SSRS server
- This course does not require any Pre-Requisite knowledge. You will however need a Windows Machine. If you are using a MAC machine, you will need a Virtual Machine with Windows OS installed.
After completing this course, you will be comfortable creating simple to complex reports, Graphs and Maps. This course will complete the BI tool set consisting of SQL, ETL and Reporting (you can refer to my SQL Server and ETL courses, if you want to learn more). This course, will walk you through basic installation and environment setup to different SSRS techniques to create reports and visualization. We also cover concepts like displaying data using Tables, Matrices and Lists. We will walk through how to create highly dynamic reports. We walk through the powerful concepts of SSRS expressions, where you can dynamically render Colors, Fonts, Data and control the Report look and feel.
After taking all 3 courses, students will know what will be expected of a DB developer, ETL Developer or a Reporting Analyst type job. The complete BI Tool Suite course will help you get prepared for interviews and jobs. It will show you all facilities that these tools provide.
By taking all the 4 courses in this toolset, I can assure you that you will have a very good understanding of how the different Microsoft Business Intelligence tools interact with one another, and how a typical day in the life of Database developer, ETL Developer, Analyst or Reporting Analyst look like.
- This course is for anyone, who wants to learn Visualization using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). SSRS is one of tools in the Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) tool Suite.
- This course will complete the set of lectures in the Microsoft BI Tool Suite (SQL, ETL and Visualization). Please refer my other courses, if you wish to learn SQL and ETL.
I will walk you through some techniques to display data. I will show how to display simple tables, which rows and columns, then I will walk you though Matrix reports (which is like a pivot table in Excel), and finally, I will show you how to create a template and govern where you data should be displayed (example: Newsletter, Business Cards etc.)