Getting started with SSL
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know a basic understanding of how SSL/TLS works
Differentiate between a Certificate Authority issued certificate and a self-signed certificate and when to use them
Generate a self-signed certificate
- Integrate a certificate into their web service APIs and use HTTPS
- Basic understanding of internet security
- Basic understanding of encryption
- Basic understanding of command line
- Basic understanding of Java or other OO language
SSL is the security standard for securing communications over the web. Because it is largely configurable and comes in a wide variety of flavors, it can be very confusing.
SSL Simplified provides fundamental topics of SSL, Certificate Authorities, self-signed certificates, a demo of how to communicate with HTTPS web services, and a demo of how to integrate SSL into your own web services.
This course is meant for beginners to SSL but it's also a good refresher to those who are familiar with SSL/TLS.
By the end of the course, you will understand the fundamentals of SSL and you'll be able to create a self-signed certificate and incorporate it into your web services.
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning more about SSL/TLS
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning more about Certificate Authorities
- This course is for individuals who are interested in learning how to create a self-signed certificate
- This course is for individuals who are interested in integrating with HTTPS services
- This course is for individuals who are interested in converting their services to use HTTPS