SQL Server Fundamentals (SQL Database for Beginners)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 11 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn what is SQL Server and what you can do with it.
Learn about basic database principles.
Learn how to get started with SQL Server.
- Learn about the available editions of SQL Server. What is free and what is not.
- Learn how to download and install SQL Server.
- Learn about SQL Server security such as: logins, database users, surface area configuration and more.
- Learn how to use SQL Server Management Studio for connecting to SQL Server and working with it.
- Learn how to create databases, tables, views, functions and stored procedures.
- Learn how to import/export data in SQL Server.
- Learn how to use Azure Data Studio.
In this lecture, we will talk about what Relational Management Systems are (RDBMSs).
In this lecture, we will talk about databases, tables, queries, views and other SQL Server programmability objects.
In this lecture, we will talk about SQL and T-SQL, and see script examples using these two languages.
- No knowledge of SQL Server is required.
- It would be helpful to know some basic database-related concepts (i.e. what is a database, a table, etc.) but is not a prerequisite, since we will talk about it as well.
- Willingness and excitement to learn!
Hi there! My name is Artemakis Artemiou and I'm a Senior SQL Server & Software Architect with over than 15 years of experience on SQL Server administration, development, performance tuning and architecture, as well as on .NET development (C#). Moreover, I'm a former Microsoft Data Platform MVP (2009-2018). I love talking about SQL Server, .NET, data access, and related topics, and make it easy for all to understand, by using a simple and understandable language as well as analytical guides.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?
SQL Server is one of the world's leading Data Platforms. By learning SQL Server, you get a competitive advantage when applying for different technical job positions, since
In this course, you will learn everything you need to get started with SQL Server Database, SQL Server Management Studio, and Azure Data Studio fast and easy.
AFTER THE COURSE:
You will know the basic database principles
You will know how to download, configure and install SQL Server
You will know the basics of SQL Server security
You will be able to connect and work with SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Azure Data Studio
You will be able to import and export data in SQL Server
You will get a free checklist with the top 10 Tasks a SQL Server DBA must perform every day in order to maintain a healthy SQL Server instance
No prior knowledge of SQL Server is required.
It would be helpful to know some basic database-related concepts (i.e. what is a database, a table, etc.) but is not a prerequisite, since we will talk about it as well.
Willingness and excitement to learn!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
This course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with this course, you can ask for a refund.
THIS COURSE CONTAINS/OFFERS:
2 hours of high-quality video
Live demonstrations and guides that illustrate the basic concepts and functions and how to perform different tasks in SQL Server
Useful quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
A practice test in the end of the course
Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
30-day money back guarantee
Certificate on course completion
Also: This course is being updated with new material on a regular basis (check the "Special Topics" section for more info!)
SOME OF THE COURSE'S REVIEWS:
"Very understandable, flowing, to the point. Excellent stuff.", Doros Demetriou
"Clear, elaborate and to the point!", Giannis Hadj
"Clear and concise explanations. Excellent examples with helpful screenshots. Very good for beginners", Andreas Nestorides
"Fantastic course. We are looking forward for the next SQL course !!!", Andreas Josephides
- Beginners that just started using SQL Server, either for development or administration.
- People that want to start using SQL Server and need guidance to learn the basics.
- Technology enthusiasts that want to explore new technology topics!
- IT people that want to enhance their technical skills and knowledge and enrich their resume.