The Complete Oracle SQL Course
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 54 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Do database development
Develop codes using Oracle SQL
Understand the fundamentals of SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Understand the basics of Oracle RDBMS Architecture
- Learn the basics of Oracle RDBMS Architecture
- Can gain considerable SQL knowledge to apply for a beginner level, SQL Developer or Database Developer Job
- Understand about Oracle 12c Database
- Take steps towards becoming an Oracle SQL Developer
- Take steps towards becoming an Oracle DBA
- Progress towards Oracle SQL Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Strong motivation to learn
- Download and install Oracle 12c in Windows 10 as explained in one of the lectures
- Use Oracle SQL Developer in Windows 10 as explained in the lectures
- Latest update: 10/23/2017
- More than 220 Lectures
- Very Comprehensive with extra lectures on Database Administration
- May help in obtaining Oracle Database 12c SQL Certification.
- With FULL Subtitles for all the video lessons
About This Course:
Welcome to the course, The Complete Oracle SQL Course.
This course introduces SQL, which is an acronym for 'Structured Query Language', to its students. This is based on Oracle's SQL implementation for Oracle Databases. The lessons are based on Oracle 12c Database and SQL Developer Tools running in Windows 10.
This course may help you in taking a step towards..
- in becoming an 'Oracle SQL Developer'
- in achieving 'Oracle SQL Certification'
About the Name of this Course:
When I started out to create this course, I wanted to create a Beginner Level Oracle SQL course. So I named it as 'SQL Development for Beginners'.
However as I progressed, I decided to make it much more comprehensive and cover most of the topics in the curriculum of Oracle SQL exam 1Z0-071. And so I renamed it to, The Complete Oracle SQL Course.
So, this course starts with Beginner Level lessons and progresses into next levels.
SQL is used to interact with Database Systems. As per ANSI (American National Standards Institute), SQL is the standard language for Relational Database Management Systems.
SQL has been the prominent language to interact with various Database Systems for many decades. While many languages that existed two decades ago are extinct now, SQL has always maintained its supremacy in the RDBMS world. Over the time, it has only advanced with new features and standards. And it seems to stay that way for years to come.
About Oracle Database:
Oracle Database is one of the prominent Database Systems in the RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) segment. Some of the other prominent Database Systems are
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Sybase ASE.
- The curriculum has been carefully designed to introduce the Oracle RDBMS environment first.
- Then it moves on to various types of SQL Statements such as DDL, DML and TCL.
- And next, it goes to the depths of various SQL Statements, Conditions, Sorting, Functions, Grouping etc..
- It also gives Database Administration tips, as needed.
- It is also covers most of the topics from the Oracle SQL Certification Exam 1Z0-071
- Oracle awards certain certifications that are recognized globally
- One such certification is Oracle Database 12c SQL Certified Associate
- The exam for that certification is (currently as of May 2016), 1Z0-071.
- The topics in this course covers most of the topics for that exam.
- While this course covers most of the topics for that exam, this course is not a sole material for that exam. Additional materials such as Oracle's recommended Books may be needed.
- This course is NOT an official course from Oracle Corporation.
- This course has been developed individually by its author.
- This SQL course is for beginners who would like to learn about SQL syntax and get into SQL Development. No prior programming knowledge is needed.
- This course covers the topics for the Oracle SQL Certification exam, 1Z0-071
- College Students can take this course to understand SQL and Oracle Database Fundamentals
- Anyone who is looking to get certified in Oracle SQL
How to download Oracle 12c software from Oracle's Website and install it in you Windows PC or a Windows Laptop.
This lecture explains about how to connect to a Oracle Database using SQL Developer. Oracle SQL Developer is a tool provided for Oracle, to interact with Oracle Databases. Oracle SQL Developer tool can be used to develop programs for Oracle Database.