In this course you will learn the do’s and don’ts of various social media websites. I will focus on the following networking platforms:
The course is well structured. First, I will always provide you with a short general introduction about a particular social media networking site. Then you will learn many rules of do’s and don’ts from the online world, presented in a "dilemma" and "solution" style.
I will share some of my personal experiences that I made on various networking websites too.
This course consists of videos with slides that you can also download. It has a duration of 2 hours. At the end of each section you can test your skills by answering in total 42 questions.
Upon completion of the course you will receive a nice certificate of completion that is ready to be put up on your wall :-)
In this part I will give you an overview what you can expect from this course. I will focus on the do’s and don’ts of various social media websites in form of questions and answers. The social media websites I will discuss in more depth are:
The course is very well structured. First, I will always provide you with a short general introduction about a particular social media platform, and then you will learn many rules of do’s and don’ts from the online world. In total you will get the answers to more than 150 dilemmas that people are struggling with when it comes to correct behaviour on Social Media.
I will also give you some real-life examples of people who made big mistakes when being on social networking sites. This will accelerate your learning process and make it more memorable.
Furthermore, I will share some of my personal experiences that I made on various networking websites too.
In each section you will also have the opportunity to test your new skills by answering 6 quiz questions. In total there will be 42 questions to answer. Good luck!
Here you will find the answers to the following 33 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to Twitter:
* What is Twitter?
* Do I have to use my own name as a username?
* Is the content of my tweets really of relevance?
* Is it okay if I tweet my blog posts?
* Can I talk about the number of followers I have?
* What would be good stuff to tweet about?
* Can I officially ask for more followers?
* How often would it be wise to tweet?
* Are there any times when I should not post?
* Is it okay to tweet private and confidential information?
* How should I keep my tone of messages?
* What about joining "monetise your tweets" services?
* When would it be best to use direct messages?
* Is it polite to send each new follower an auto-direct message?
* Who should I follow?
* How many people should I follow?
* Should I start with a follow, unfollow strategy?
* Do I need to reply to other people?
* Does it look good if I tweet the same message over and over again?
* Do I stand out from the crowd if I tweet ten times in a 5 minute period?
* When should I answer my direct messages?
* Can I use abbreviations in an ams style?
* Can I write in all capital letters?
* How long should a message be in order to increase the chances to be retweeted?
* What if I don't stick to a promise I made on Twitter?
* If I make a mistake, how should I deal with it?
* How serious do I need to take my company's social media policy guidelines?
* What should I do if some negative comments are being posted on Twitter?
* Can I ask people on Twitter for some help?
* What kind of tweets should I not post?
* Can I afford to make any errors in my writing?
* If I'm really interested in someone or a company, is it okay to constantly comment on their tweets?
* What if someone promises me to get lots of followers over night. Should I accept?
Here you will find the answers to the following 27 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to Facebook:
* What is Facebook?
* What kind of picture should I upload on Facebook?
* Is it okay to give a heads up and press the LIKE button on other peoples' content?
* Do I need to customise my privacy settings?
* What if I feel like discussing or fighting online?
* Can I post any kind of content?
* If someone comments on my website, do I need to reply to each of them?
* Is it good to use emoticons?
* Should I send friend requests to everyone or just people I know?
* Should I accept a Facebook friend request if it comes from a business professional?
* Can I publish any kind of pictures on Facebook?
* Should I accept any invitation to participate in games?
* Should I return the favour if a competitor likes my company's website?
* What should I do if I'm not regularly on Facebook?
* Anything else I need to consider before positing it on Facebook?
* Am I allowed to poke other people?
* Can I post private matters?
* If I had a bad day at work, can I get rid of my frustration via Facebook?
* Can I chat with anyone if I notice that they are online at the same times as me?
* Can I announce private news on Facebook?
* Can I ask a waiter to take a picture, if I want to post it on Facebook?
* Can I show everything that is going on in my life via Facebook?
* If someone rejected my friend request, should I try it again?
* Can I flirt with someone who is married?
* Can I send an invitation to someone I just connected with?
* Can I tag any person?
* Can I post selfies?
* What can I post on another person's wall?
Here you will find the answers to the following 20 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to LinkedIn:
* What is Linkedin?
* Should I join Linkedin?
* What kind of profile picture would be most appropriate?
* Can I use the default message to send out Linkedin requests?
* Can I mix personal and professional content on Linkedin?
* Do I need to engage with my connections on a regular basis?
* Do I need to reply to everyone or just if it is something of interest to me?
* What should be my response if someone does something considerate for me?
* Should I give other people recommendations?
* Can I request recommendations for myself from other people?
* Can I upgrade my background on Linkedin?
* What rules exist for running a group on Linkedin?
* How much can I post on Linkedin?
* Can I send promotional material to my connections?
* Is it okay to write "I noticed that you were reading my profile?"
* Can I share what I had for business lunch?
* Can I express my views if I feel that I've not been treated properly in a business environment?
* Can I ask people straight to tell me something about themselves?
* Does it make sense to join groups?
* What should I do if I change job?
* What if someone else changes job and you get to know about it? Should you do something about it?
Here you will find the answers to the following 16 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to GooglePlus:
* What is GooglePlus?
* Do I really have to write my posts in the first person?
* What should I do when I start following someone?
* If I find someone who adds me to their list, do I automatically have to add them to my circles too?
* Is terse any need of being considerate in the social media online world?
* Does it make sense to engage in a conversation with someone who constantly disagrees?
* Can I post lots of content in a short period of time to get more attention?
* Can I express my negative feelings on GooglePlus?
* Can I be controversial on GooglePlus?
* Do I need to add my own personal thoughts to posts on GooglePlus?
* What are the rules that I need to consider when engaging with Hangouts on GooglePlus?
* What should I do if someone is too annoying?
* What can I do if there are too many people involved?
* What should I ask myself before tagging other people?
* What do I need to consider when posting comments on other peoples' posts?
* Can I use the space available on GooglePlus to promote my own stuff?
* How should I deal with questions that people come up with?
Here you will find the answers to the following 25 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to Pinterest:
* What is Pinterest?
* How do I need to organise Pinterest boards?
* Do I need to mention the source of the picture?
* What should I do if someone sourced an image wrongly?
* What do I do with a spammer?
* Can I cut and paste from Google?
* Is it okay to just pin images?
* How important is quality with regard to pictures?
* Can I express my disagreement if I want to?
* Do I need to thank those who repine me?
* Do I need to thank those who repine me?
* Do I need to check the pins?
* Does it make sense to use hashtags and keywords?
* What should I do if I come across unpleasing content?
* Is it really that bad if I try to mislead my readers?
* Does it make sense to use rich pins?
* Is it okay to promote just my content?
* If I am a company is there anything I need to consider when it comes to pictures?
* Should I allow other users to repine my images?
* Do I have to follow those back who follow me?
* What if a company has blocked users to repine their images?
* Can I cut and paste comments form other people and promote them as my own
* Can I unfollow a board without problems?
* Can I repine an unlimited number of images?
* How active should I be on Pinterest?
* Is it okay to publish screenshots from other social media websites?
* Would it be advisable to create many boards in order to get lots of followers?
Here you will find the answers to the following 13 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to YouTube:
* What is YouTube?
* Should I give others a thumbs up or a positive comment?
* Do I need to reply to other peoples' remarks?
* Can I show any video to my kids?
* Should I leave caption options?
* Should I insist on asking friends to watch my videos?
* If I find a video utterly bad and many other viewers expressed the same opinion about it, can I add my personal statement too?
* Is it always good to write long comments?
* Can I repost any video on YouTube?
* Can I use a title for my video that is different from the content of the video?
* Should I react if someone doesn't like my video?
* Does correct grammar really matter?
* Can I subscribe to someone's You Tube Channel in the hope that they return the same favour?
* Can I post questions as comments?
Here you will find the answers to the following 17 Etiquette Dilemmas when it comes to Blogging:
* What is a blog?
* What do I need to consider before publishing something on a blog?
* What is the right way to post a positive comment on a blog article?
* Do you have to spread the word about an interesting blog you come across?
* Am I allowed to forward articles to other people?
* If I receive a product for free with the purpose to publish a review on my blog can I tell honestly what I think?
* Do I have to thank everyone for their positive contribution to my blog?
* What should I do if someone posts offensive comments on my blog?
* If I come across something heartfelt in another person's blog and I feel like replying, what would be the right thing to do?
* What if I find an article that published something similar to what I also published. Can I do something to add a bit more value to the article?
* Can I use other peoples excerpts or pictures from an online source?
* If I don't have anything positive to say should I keep quiet?
* If I want to raise a complaint can I do it via my blog?
* Is there anything I need to consider when choosing my username when I want to post on other peoples' blogs?
* Can I offer another blogger a link exchange?
* Can I promote my blog, products or services by posting comments on other peoples' blogs?
* If I am not a native English speaker, will my readers forgive me for some occasional mistakes?
* Can I automatically subscribe people to my blog once I have their email address?
Hello, my name is Karin Schroeck-Singh.
I'm the Founder of CareerHeads.com, gained my MBA from the University of Leicester (UK), have 20 years of international experience in Italy, India and the UK in Recruitment, Management, Marketing, Content Creation and Training/Teaching: Soft Skills / Business and Social Media Etiquette / German Language / English for Foreigners / Marketing / Human Resource Management / International Business.
I'm also an enthusiastic public speaker and delivered various speeches in the UK as well as India "How much do Soft Skills really matter?", "Soft Skills for Kids" and "German Business Etiquette".
I'm also the author of several eBooks. Feel free to check them out on Kindle Amazon ("100 Tips - Business Meeting Etiquette”, “How to strengthen the bond with your child”, “Recommendation Marketing - The Creation of a word-of-mouth marketing strategy”, “20 Book Ideas for Etiquette Professionals”, “The Etiquette Consultant - Interviews with 13 Etiquette Professionals”, and “200 Etiquette Quotes”), "44 Tips for a successful video interview".
I love helping individuals to optimize their career in 3 languages (English, German and Italian).
Please watch out for more courses in the future! I would be happy to connect with you also on various social media websites. I wish you a happy and enriching learning experience!
Remember "Enthusiasm is the daily food of successful people, it makes ordinary people EXTRAORDINARY!"