Introduce the standard notes used for drum music. Knowing how to read music will change your life!
Begin breaking down basic notes in a drum chart. Explain the values step by step. Explain whole, half and quarter notes.
Watch a live demonstration of me playing through the charts we just learned in Lesson 1.
Introduction to Lesson 2 where the main focus will be the 8th note.
Begin working with 8th notes on drum charts.
Explore more advance charts with combinations of quarter and eighth notes.
Explain how to use a metronome. Demonstrations include both a digital and analog metronome.
Learn the most used roll in drums; the single stroke roll. Complete with practice tips and suggestions.
Begin exploring the eighth note with some simple reading exercises.
Strengthen the knowledge of the eighth note with more combinations and reading exercises.
Hey my name is Josh and here is a little about me:
- Playing drums for over 25 years
- Studied and earned degree in Recording Technology at Barton College
- Offered one on one music lessons to students of various ages
- Enjoy and play rock, funk, jazz, R&B, country and latin styles
- Play acoustic and electric drums
- Multi - instrumentalist - also play piano and bass guitar
- Enjoy and actively participate in recording and live sound engineering
- Have played in studios, churches, bands and orchestras