A practical, hands-on, real world approach to learning and implementing SDN and OpenFlow.
See SDN and OpenFlow in action. Learn SDN and OpenFlow practically. You can set up everything shown here on your laptop using free or demo software.
Learn all tiers of the SDN Architecture:
* Applications - Wireshark, Bash scripts, FlowMaker, HP Network Protector, HP Network Visualizer
* Controllers - Learn OpenDaylight (ODL), ONOS, RYU and the HP VAN SDN Controllers.
* OpenFlow Infrastructure - Mininet switches (Open vSwitch)
Capture OpenFlow messages using both Linux and Windows based Wireshark.
No sales hype, no fluff. Just technical content.
As part of the course, I have made OVAs available of ODL, RYU and the HP VAN SDN Controller. I have also provided links to download OVAs directly for ONOS and Mininet.
Real world SDN examples:
* The NSA
* Microsoft Azure
* Microsoft Linux
Update 10 November 2015:
Based on feedback, additional videos discussing the installation of apps on the HP controller have been added:
* Install HP Controller
* Troubleshoot browser issues
* Install FlowMaker on HP Controller
* Troubleshoot app install issues
Update 25 October 2015:
Additional videos added to the course discussing:
* Do you need to replace switches to use SDN?
* Do you need to run OpenFlow everywhere in your network?
* How does OpenFlow and Spanning Tree interact?
* Does a single controller manage the entire network?
David Bombal (CCIE #11023 Emeritus) passed his Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching exam in January 2003 and is one of a small percentage of Cisco Engineers that pass their CCIE labs on their first attempt.
David qualified as a Cisco Certified Systems Instructor (CCSI #22787) many year ago! He has been training Cisco courses for over 15 years and has delivered instructor led courses in various countries around the world covering a wide range of Cisco topics from CCNA to CCIE.
He has also personally developed Cisco engineer utilities such as the VPN Config Generator, software, training materials, EBooks, videos and other products which are used throughout the world.
David has designed, implemented and managed networks ranging from single sites to those that span 50 countries.