This course was updated on 01/2017.
The course's provider is Sharon @ SC statistical programming (formerly treehouse of SAS programming, which is replaced by SC statistical programming).
I have the SAS software licence, which allows me to create and sell video-based SAS programming online courses.
Do you want to become a more advanced SAS programmer, and be more demanded and successful in your SAS career? If Yes, SAS Proc SQL programming should be your next programming skill to conquer.
PROC SQL is the SAS System’s implementation of Structured Query Language (SQL), which is a universal computer language for all relational database management systems. PROC SQL is the implementation of the SQL syntax in SAS. PROC SQL greatly increases SAS’s flexibility in handling data, especially for multiple-table joining and database access, and has been widely used for SAS users, especially advanced SAS users.
This course is the first course (Part 1) for SAS Programming on Proc SQL. It is an intermediate level course. It is designed to help you master Proc SQL programing skills and also help prepare you for the SAS certification exams.
In this course, you will learn essential SAS Proc SQL programming skills including:
· Retrieving data from a single table by using the SELECT statement and its clauses(including SELECT clause, FROM clause, WHERE clause, GROUP BY clause, HAVING clause, ORDER BY clause)
· Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins including inner joins, outer joins and special joins as well as comparison of merges with joins
· Using Subqueries to Select Data including single value or multiple values of subqueries, testing for the existence of a group of values, correlated subqueries, combining a Join with a subquery, and multiple Levels of subquery nesting
· Combine Queries with Set Operators including UNION, EXCEPT, INTERSECT and OUTER UNION
As the same as my other SAS programming courses, this course provides ultimate easy-to-learn environment to make your learning efficient:
· Each lecture shows hands-on coding in SAS programming environment as well as detailed step-by-step explanations
· The course supplements (including SAS codes and data used in lectures) are in their own formats and stored in Zip folders for easy downloading
· The SAS code and data are compatible across all SAS programming environments.
SAS 9.4 SQL Procedure User's Guide, Second Edition
SAS certification prep guide: advanced programming for SAS 9 by SAS Institute
Before I become an online SAS programming instructor, I have worked as a statistician/SAS programmer for 7 years. I am a SAS certified professional and highly proficient in SAS programming, and I enjoy teaching as well. Now I would like to use my SAS programming skills to help people learning SAS in an easy and affordable way.
My website also offers:
free SAS programming videos (also available on my YouTube channel SC statistical programming)
free SAS programming articles
affordable online SAS programming courses at various levels