Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
Course Updated on 11/16
Do you want to become a more advanced SAS programmer, and be more demanded and successful in your SAS career? If Yes, SAS Proc SQL programming should be your next programming skill to conquer.
PROC SQL is the SAS System’s implementation of Structured Query Language (SQL), which is a universal computer language for all relational database management systems. PROC SQL is the implementation of the SQL syntax in SAS. PROC SQL greatly increases SAS’s flexibility in handling data, especially for multiple-table joining and database access, and has been widely used for SAS users, especially advanced SAS users.
This course is the first course (Part 1) for SAS Programming on Proc SQL. It is an intermediate level course. It is designed to help you master Proc SQL programing skills and also help prepare you for the SAS certification exams.
In this course, you will learn essential SAS Proc SQL programming skills including:
· Retrieving data from a single table by using the SELECT statement and its clauses(including SELECT clause, FROM clause, WHERE clause, GROUP BY clause, HAVING clause, ORDER BY clause)
· Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins including inner joins, outer joins and special joins as well as comparison of merges with joins
· Using Subqueries to Select Data including single value or multiple values of subqueries, testing for the existence of a group of values, correlated subqueries, combining a Join with a subquery, and multiple Levels of subquery nesting
· Combine Queries with Set Operators including UNION, EXCEPT, INTERSECT and OUTER UNION
As the same as my other SAS programming courses, this course provides ultimate easy-to-learn environment to make your learning efficient:
· Each lecture shows hands-on coding in SAS programming environment as well as detailed step-by-step explanations
· The course supplements (including SAS codes and data used in lectures) are in their own formats and stored in Zip folders for easy downloading
· This course was created using the SAS University Edition (The free SAS programming environment provided by SAS). The SAS code and data are compatible across all SAS programming environments.
SAS 9.4 SQL Procedure User's Guide, Second Edition
SAS certification prep guide: advanced programming for SAS 9 by SAS Institute
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: Course Overview and Supplements|
Course Supplements: SAS codes and Data files in zip folders
|Section 2: Section 1: Proc SQL introduction|
Proc SQL introduction
|Section 3: Section 2: Retrieving Data from a Single Table|
SELECT Statement: Overview
SELECT Clause: Eliminate Duplicate Rows Using the DISTINCT KeywordPreview
SELECT Clause: Create Columns
SELECT Clause: Assign Values Conditionally by Using a CASE Expression
SELECT Clause: Replace Missing Values with COALESCE Function and Case Expression
ORDER BY Clause: Sort Data
WHERE Clause: Retrieving Rows That Satisfy a Condition
Summarizing Data using aggregate functions (or summary functions)
GROUP BY Clause: Group Data
HAVING Clause: Filter Grouped Data
|Section 4: Section 3: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables using Joins|
Inner Join Data: Use Where Clause, Use Inner Join keyword, Comparison OperatorsPreview
Inner Join Data: Effect of Missing Values on Join, Use Multiple Matching Columns
Inner Join Data: Inner Join More Than Two Tables, Self-Joins
Outer Join Data: Left, Right and Full Outer Joins
Specialty Joins: cross joins, union joins, and natural joins
Comparison of DATA Step Match-Merges with PROC SQL Joins: Part 1
Comparison of DATA Step Match-Merges with PROC SQL Joins: Part 2
|Section 5: Section 4: Using Subqueries to Select Data|
Single-Value and Multiple-Value Subqueries
Testing for the Existence of a Group of Values
Correlated Subqueries and Combining a Join with a SubqueryPreview
Multiple Levels of Subquery Nesting
|Section 6: Section 5: Combine Queries with Set Operators|
UNION: Produce all unique rows from both queriesPreview
EXCEPT: Produce all unique rows from both queries
INTERSECT: Produce rows that are common to both query results
OUTER UNION: Concatenate the query results
Produce Rows from the First or Second Query
Before I become an online SAS instructor, I have worked as a statistician/SAS programmer for 7 years. I am a SAS certified professional and highly proficient in SAS programming, and I enjoy teaching as well. Now I would like to use my SAS programming skills to help people learning SAS in an easy and affordable way. I have a website offering free SAS tutorial videos (also available on my YouTube channel TreehouseofSASprogramming) and affordable online SAS tutorial courses at various levels.