The Rust Programming Language
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Solve problems in Rust
Understand Rust's strengths and weaknesses
Effectively leverage Rust's memory safety guarantees
- Write applications and libraries
- Test and document your code
Arc protects the reference count, but it doesn't protect the variable itself, so concurrent modification of the variable will still be prohibited by the Rust compiler. How can we get concurrent code that mutates the variable to work? One option is to use a Mutex.
- Basic knowledge of computer science
- A computer with a Rust-enabled IDE (VisualRust, intellij-rust, etc.)
This course will teach you the fundamentals of Rust, a modern programming language that has the both the power of native code as well as the safety of some managed languages. In this course you will learn the following:
- How to download and install Rust; how to compile programs and (optionally) work with an IDE.
- Learn about fundamental data types and how to use them to declare variables.
- Undersand arrays, vectors and strings, the concept of slices.
- Learn to create functions, methods, closures, higher-order functions.
- Understand how to create various data structures such as structs and enums; also traits.
- Master Rust's explicit take on the concept of lifetime with ownership, borrowing, lifetime specifiers, lifetime elision.
- Learn how to safely share data around your (possibly multithreaded) application with Rc, Arc and Mutex.
- Use Rust's package managent using Cargo.
- Learn about other useful topics: documentation, conditional compilation, testing.
This course, like all my other courses, will be supplemented with additional lectures based on participants' requests.
- Systems programmers
- Experienced developers interested in Rust
- C/C++ programmers