This course describes how I improved my agile coaching by reading Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux.
In this course you will learn:
The course will take approximately two weeks to complete if you do all of the exercises.
The course is divided into three main sections:
This course is hard! It is not for beginners. I expect you to be an advanced Scrum Master and to have read the first 100 pages of Reinventing Organizations. The course does not provide a cookie cutter approach or a list of step-by-step instructions. Instead, it challenges you to integrate the learning into your own coaching practice. If you decide to take this course, be prepared to work hard. You should take this course only if you want to take advantage of the insights that I have gleaned about coaching from reading Reinventing Organizations.
This course is difficult and is for advanced practitioners! It is not a substitute for reading the book. I encourage you to read the book before taking this course.
This quiz steps through the prerequisites for this course.
This is a presentation that I gave at Exa Corporation. It draws on Laloux's Stages of Development. It contains a simple exercise that you can do in your organization.
This is the lecture I gave at Exa corporation. Follow along with the slides in the previous lecture. As an exercise, adapt this presentation to your organization.
* Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC). As of June 1, 2016 there are fewer than 100 CECs in the world.
* MIT PhD in Computer Science
* Co-author of Professional Scrum with TFS and Why Agile Works
* Cofounder of Inquira, acquired by Oracle
* VP of Corporate Strategy at Softricity, acquired by Microsoft
* Agile/lean coach and trainer at edX, Carbonite, EMC, Intuit, Philips, Wells Fargo, Verizon, State Street and many others