This course is about learning R Tool which is one of the most popular Analytical Tool used in the Industry.
Why learning R will make a difference / Why this Course ?
- Professional Relevance :
R is gaining popularity day by day ; companies like Facebook, Google are using R in extensive manner. Demand for the tool is increasing as it is available for free.
- Put your Resume in spotlight :
In most of the Data Analyst Resume you will find SAS/SPSS and other conventional tools ; by learning R you can add extra points to your Resume.
- Its easy to Learn R :
R is an opensource language ; it is available for free. Huge R community is adding to the functionality of R daily . All the tutorials/code are easily available.
Materials Included :
- Materials in the form of attachments are included with the session itself ( wherever necessary)
Structure of the course :
The course has 5 sections with 15 lectures. It is designed to introduce you to foundational topics leading to more complex ones as you progress.
Section 1: Know your R Tool
Section 2: Data Manipulation : Use of Data types and Data structures
Section 3: Data Management : Packages and File import/export
Section 4: Advance Use : Logical operation and Merging in R
Section 5: Text Analytics Project : Learn how to create wordcloud
Duration of the course :
The course has 5 sections with 15 lectures and the overall duration of the course is 2.5 hours.
- This video is to demonstrate how to download R and R Studio
- Understanding Working Directory
- How to change Working Directory
- Creating files through R
- Saving and Loading R Workspace
- Why Data Type is important ?
- Implementing Basic Data types in R
- Take a sneak peek on some mathematical basic operations in R
Learn some more mathematical operations in R
- ...and now time to look into some character operations in R
- Understanding data structure in R
- What is a vector
- Features of vector
- How to create a vector
Learn how to do set operations in Vectors
- Understanding a bi-directional array like Dataframe
- Creating Dataframes
- Features of Dataframes
- Set operations with Dataframes
- Difference between Dataframe and List
- How to create Matrix in R
- Using Factors to create class variables
- How to create Date formats
- Basic Date operations using POSIXlt
Understand how to treat missing values and random numbers
- Use of Packages in R
- Loading and Installing a package
- Reading Excel file through xlsx package function
- Learn how to write Excel and Csv file to your system
- Playing with the Text file
Please Download the attached Text file ; which you have to use for Text data import
- Learn how to do Sql like Joins in R
- Performing Logical operations and If conditional in R
Writing basic functions using "Function" command in R
Nested Conditional Statements
Learn how to write UDFs in R
Please download the attached "Practice.Xlsx file" to solve this case study.
Objective : To Build a wordcloud on Tweets Archive.
Data Required : Tweet Archive ( R data) ; please download the attached data
Packages Required : Install the Packages that are mentioned in the "List of packages.txt"
Please download the attached material
-Creating and Cleaning the corpus
Please Download the attached pdf file to learn in depth about the Text Mining in R
We are an Analytics firm committed to developing intellectual property that will help individuals and their organisation take smarter decisions every day. ATI, the education arm of Redwood Associates has helped 200 companies and over 15000 individuals speak the language of DATA
The founder Gautam Munshi has nearly two decades of high performance analytics experience. His strong belief that anyone can become an analyst has led him to build a team of 12 - a group of math geeks, techies, musicians, comedians, beer enthusiasts, agriculturists, geneticists, teachers and bankers,who have the gumption that they can make a difference and truly believe that analytics can influence and make a huge impact on a day-day basis. It is this diverse lot that brings Analytics to the mind space of every individual. You can view their moments in the lime light here and follow them on Facebook