This Course will help you to understand and learn 80% of what QlikView designer need to know. the remaining 20% will come through experience and hands on. This course is specially designed to deliver knowledge in an easy way by developing and ready mad QlikView application and step by step from scratch. The main target Audience for this course are University students to help them doing their Mid-term and final term assignments. The course duration is around 1 hour which guarantee to deliver maximum required information in lowest possible time. All what you need to do is
The main advantages of this course:
I already helped many students to get very good marks and so I'm ready to help you as well. What you are waiting for; enroll now and challenge your colleagues. Show them that you can get the full marks.
This lecture is an introduction to the course:
1) The first step to create a QlikView application is to connect to a data source. In our case we will use SuperMarket data Excel file
2) The 2nd step is to prepare data by adding costume calculated dimensions and measures.
3) The last modeling step is to Load the script.
1) List box is the basic selector in any QlikView Application.
2) To create a list box; Right click on any empty space in the application; then select "New sheet Object" --> "List Box"
3) You can control many list box properties like showing / hiding caption or enable / disable search feature.
1) List boxes can display values horizontal or vertically.
2) Search function will allow you to search for a specific value in the list box.
3) You can use / remove borders from "Layout" menu.
1) Current Selections Box can be added from "New sheet Object" menu
2) The current selections box will display all values which been selected currently.
3) you can clear selections by clicking on the eraser icon beside any selection
To add an image to your QlikView application:
1) Add new text box.
2) Display as "Image"
3) Select the required pictures
1) Metric are plain numbers that have no indications.
2) Count of customers and number of transactions are 2 metrics examples
3) Metric are useful to display high level numbers
There are many types of charts:
There is 3 types of groups:
test yourself and find out your knowledge gaps
Taha M. Mahmoud (PMP, TOGAF, ITIL, and CSM) is a senior BI consultant, BI project manager, and solution architect. He has a BS degree in computer science and automatic control from Alexandria University, Egypt. He has a great passion for new technologies, especially those related to business intelligence. Taha has more than 9 years of experience in working on, consulting for, and deploying successful BusinessObjects projects in the banking and telecom industries. He is the author of "Creating Universes with SAP BusinessObjects" and "Learning SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards".
Book: Creating Universes with SAP BusinessObjects (ISBN: 978-1782170907 )
Book: Learning SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (ISBN: 978-1785286629 )
Article: Creating Informative Desktop and Mobile Dashboards with SAP BusinessObjects Solutions (BIEXPERT)
Article: How to Solve Loops, Fan, and Chasm Traps in SAP BusinessObjects Universes (BIEXPERT)