Senior management yearns to report positive news and impressive financial results that will please investors, bankers and drive value higher. While most companies act ethically and follow prescribed accounting rules, some take advantage of gray areas in the rules or ignore them altogether in order to portray their financial results in a misleading way. This course discusses some common financial statement shenanigans to help you avoid being fooled by them.
This course covers:
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
Finance executive with proven success in guiding companies to improve finance operations, impact business growth and maximize profits through achievements in financial management, cost reductions, internal controls and efficiency improvements. Extensive finance, administration and public accounting experience in diverse industries including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and business services companies. Recognized expert in Risk Assessment, Internal Audit, Project Management, ERP financial business requirements and SOX compliance in complex systems.
Principle : BNA Training & IT Solutions - [2011-04 to Current]
Senior Project Director leading, advising and guiding client projects on various complex financial issues (i.e., strategic planning, budgeting, the financial close, fraud, and SOX governance, and risk management projects)
Director - CFO Advisory Services : E&Y (formerly ISA Consulting) - [2008-01 to 2011-04]
• Senior Project Director in advising and guiding clients on various complex financial issues (i.e., strategic planning, budgeting, the financial close, risk management, internal audit, and SOX compliance projects).
• Produce and implement financial strategies and planning to overcome various financial obstacles and challenges posed by clients to improve CFO processes, reduce fixed costs and improving financial cycle times.
Project Manager : BNA Training & IT Solutions - [2007-05 to 2007-12]
Project Manager in advising and guiding clients on various complex financial issues (i.e., strategic planning, budgeting, the financial close, and risk management projects).
Vice President - Internal Audit : NationsRent Companies - [2005-05 to 2006-07]
Vice President – Internal Audit; Chief Internal Auditor
• A corporate officer; direct responsibility and authority over the national internal audit department for the entire company.
• Directed and managed a corporate-wide risk assessment program.
• Advised as subject matter expert for the company's SOX compliance efforts.
• Created and led national internal audit department providing comprehensive risk assessment for the company. Hired and grew staff to ten full-time professionals.
• Pioneered successful effort (as one of the industry’s first) to utilize an integrated audited approach.
• Led massive internal audit effort immediately following department formation. Audited one-third of all stores nationwide (approximately 70 out of 240 stores) in the first year.
Director - Internal Audit & CFO Services : KPMG, LLP - [1997-10 to 2005-05]
Oversaw creating and implementing cutting-edge strategies and plans to improve CFO processes, reduce fixed costs and improving financial cycle times.
Specialized in large-scale finance transformation, risk assurance, internal audit and SOX compliance projects.
Controller/Senior Manager - Finance: Verizon/Bell Atlantic - [1988 - 1997]
Controller for a $1B Line of Business, Regulatory Rate Case Witness, Senior Manager - Internal Audit
Supervising Senior Auditor - PwC (former Coopers & Lybrand) - 1982 - 1988
Master's of Science, Organizational Dynamics : University of Pennsylvania - [ to 1994]
Bachelor's of Science, Business Administration : LeBow College of Business (at Drexel University ) - [ to 1980]