Energy and Power System Optimization in GAMS (All levels)
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 24 downloadable resources
- 2 Practice Tests
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- GAMS installation
Model any kind of optimisation (LP, QCP, NLP, MILP,MIQCP, MINLP)
- Solve Economic dispatch problem
- Solve Dynamic Economic dispatch problem
- Solve Dynamic Economic dispatch scheduling and Energy storage systems problem
- Unit commitment
- Solve Optimal DC power flow problem
- Solve Optimal AC power flow problem
- Optimal PMU allocation
- Familier with mathematical modeling
- You don't need to have extensive knowledge of programming
- We will teach you whatever you need
The developed course is suitable for you even if you have no background in power system. The first part of the course is devoted to general optimization problems in GAMS.
General GAMS coding
In this course you will learn how to use GAMS for solving power system optimization problems.
First of all you will learn how to install GAMS on your machine.
What is optimization ? What is the objective function ? What is the constraint ?
You understand the meaning of different errors and the way you should debug them
How to read/write from/to an Excel file
Multi-Objective optimization in GAMS
Power system GAMS coding
In this course you will learn how to use GAMS for solving
Economic dispatch problem
Dynamic economic dispatch
DC Optimal power flow (OPF)
AC Optimal power flow (OPF)
Security Constrained DC-OPF (N-1)
Energy storage systems scheduling
- Any discipline that requires optimization and decision making
- Power system academics or industry people
- Beginner students in power system operation and planning
- PhD/MSc students in power system operation and planning
- PhD/MSc students in energy system optimisation
- Power system utility researcher
This video explains how to install GAMS on a windows machine
In this lesson, you will get familiar with the general structure of each GAMS code
In this session you will learn how to code a linear programming problem in GAMS
“A woman at a point A on the shore of a circular lake with radius 2 mi wants to arrive at the point C diametrically opposite A on the other side of the lake in the shortest possible time (see the figure). She can walk at the rate of 4 mi/h and row a boat at 2 mi/h. For what value of the angle θ shown in the figure will she minimize her travel time?“
(Steiner) In the plane of a triangle, find a point such that the sum of its distances to the vertices of the triangle is minimal.
The travelling salesman problem (TSP) asks the following question: "Given a list of cities and the distances between each pair of cities, what is the shortest possible route that visits each city and returns to the origin city?"
Each city should be met only once
Every city should be visited
In this video you will learn how to find and have access to Power system optimization library in GAMS website.
This session provides a solution for increasing the power system observability by allocation of Phasor Measurement Units (PMU) problem in GAMS. The PMU is able to measure the voltage phasor at the connection bus and also it measures the current phasor of any branch connected to the bus hosting the PMU.